PRK on 17dec

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK on 17dec

Postby Corey » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 am

Well I got the prk done. The normal non custom or whatever it is called. I must say it was pretty darn painful the first few days. I think it may have had to do alot with the contacts. Had surgery monday, got the contacts out on friday that week. I go back in for the postop on the 17 of this month for the one month appointment.

Couple of questions. I thought the amount of lasering was about 10 secs for each myopter or whatever. Mine were -4.75 each eye so I figured close to 45 secs right. They did about 34 seconds on each eye. My corneas were 491microns thick on each so I was wondering if the Doctor decided to do less since my corneas were thin.

I guess Im still healing, the left eye is pretty good, can see most things. The right eye is still kind of blurry or doubled up I guess you could say. Seems to come into really good focus right after adding drops but doesnt stay that way for more then a few seconds.

Overall pretty pleased. Im 31 and have worn glasses since I was about 8 yrs old. I still try and wipe my glasses off after Ive been outside in the rain and I still look for them for a sec or two after a shower. Old habits are funny things. Not to sensitive to light except in really strong sunlight when its reflecting off of stuff. Night vision is seemingly better then with glasses from what I can tell. I can make things out better and the halos are less then with glasses from what I remember.
Corey

Postby tootsieroll » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:55 am

Well well well I also had my surgery on Dec 17th. I share the burden of having blurry and double vision. My right eye is pretty good but my left eye has a bit more healing to do. I have a bit of ghosting too. When I look at things that are lit up the image bleeds a little to the bottom right. My vision is pretty good when I wake up and about half way through the day everything goes blurry and no amount of lubrication drops help. I can't make out faces and letters from afar. Please keep us updated!

PS. I am now seeing 20/25 in my right eye and 20/30 in my left...
tootsieroll

Re: PRK on 17dec

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Corey wrote:I thought the amount of lasering was about 10 secs for each myopter or whatever.

The amount of time required to remove enough tissue for a diopter of myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) correction varies greatly from laser to laser and patient to patient. Even atmospheric conditions can require a change in the amount of time laser energy is applied.

What is almost always true is that about 12 microns of tissue need to be removed for every diopter of myopic correction, however this is for a 6.0mm ablation zone. A larger ablation requires more tissue, smaller ablation zone requires less tissue per diopter.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 am

Well went in for my 1 month check up and all seemed good. They said that the eyes were healing good and all looked normal.

The eye test showed that I could read 4 of 5 on the bottom line with my left eye (I guess the 20/15 roughly) and with the right eye I could get about 4 of 5 on the second line (allmost 20/20). Not to bad I guess.

Only issue is the right eye is still noticably worse then the left. Not sure if its just the correction or if its a little bit of double vision. Hopefully the right eye catches up to the left and Ill be happy.

Had a issue with my eyes getting really dry at night. Would wake up and they would feal like I was ripping them open so the Doc prescribed me some individual eye drops to take right before I go to bed. They seem to be working.

Still doing the floura twice a day and the regular eye drops varies sometimes once an hour sometimes once every couple of hours.

As for night vision it seems to be more clear then with glasses. With my glasses I had a hard time seeing anything at night in detail. The lights were really messing with my ability to see outside of the lighted area clearly. Since the operation I have been able to see better at night overall. Ecspecially where theres no street lights or oposite side of oncoming traffic.

Day time Im not to sensitive except to full blown sun reflecting off of say wet pavement or chrome or something. Other then that Im not overly sensitive to light.
Corey

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:28 pm

It sounds like you are well on your way to an excellent result. Hopefully the night time dryness will resolve with continued treatment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It