One week and vision not good

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

One week and vision not good

Postby GeneralPatientInquiry » Tue May 30, 2006 8:08 pm

I had LASIK one week ago, and my vision is better, but still horrible if that makes any sense. I can not see still far away and cannot drive. I still need glasses, which I do not have because my prescription is different now. Will this last? My vision went from about 20/400 to 20/70. Which is good, but I still can't see.
GeneralPatientInquiry

Postby LasikExpert » Tue May 30, 2006 8:28 pm

Lasik is often more of a six-month process than a "20-Minute Miracle". It is very early after your surgery and what you are experiencing may be just a part of your unique healing process.

What has your doctor said about the situation? Has there been a diagnosis of a specific problem? What is your current prescription? The Snellen 20/whatever does not provide much information.

A very common problem after Lasik is temporarily induced dry eyes. During surgery the nerves that regulate tear production and would normally tell you your eyes are dry can be disrupted. The eyes can be affected even if they don't feel dry. We have a detailed article about Lasik dry eye treatments on our sister website at http://www.ComplicatedEyes.org/dry_eye_treatment.htm

Be sure to notify your doctor of your concerns and get back to us with what you learn.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It