Farsighted folks, can I hear from you?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Farsighted folks, can I hear from you?

Postby lscha » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:08 pm

My lasik went fine 3 days ago. I know I have a long time before I can see clearly at a distance. Just wondering how long it took for YOU to see comfortably at a distance.

I'm 60 and was wearing tri-focals for the last 15 years. I can now see very well up to about 6 feet. Beyond that it looks like I'm looking through glasses smeared with vaseline. No complications and I have complete faith in my opthamologist. I've been reading forums for a couple of months and not that many people post how long it took but I know it varies. So I just want to hear how long it took for you to see after lasik for farsightedness.

thanks, Laura
lscha

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Laura,

It sounds like your surgeon wisely overcorrected you into myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision. This is wise because hyperopic (farsighted, longsighted) correction commonly regresses. As you regress, your vision will move back to plano (no refractive error).
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Thanks Glen!

Postby lscha » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:11 pm

I hope I'm not screwing everything up by looking at this computer too much. :lol: I'm using my drops religiously.
Laura
lscha

Return to Just Had It