haze/halos

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

haze/halos

Postby nurse28 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:19 am

I had Intralase on Jan. 4, 2008. My vision the day after was 20/40 in both eyes. 2 days later, it was 20/20 in right, and 20/25 in left, but I continue to have major haze, even in slightly dim light. My vision before was -10, in both eyes. When will my haze improve? When will it go away?
Also, my eyes seem to tire more easily now. When will this improve?
nurse28

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:43 pm

There are many reasons that you may be seeing Lasik halos in low light environments, but it is so early in your healing period that it is nearly impossible to know if your difficulties will be long-term.

It is possible (even probable) that your have some corneal edema (inflammation). This can change your refractive error and make your vision out of focus. Even a small amount of poorly focused vision can cause or exacerbate halos.

Ten diopters of myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) is a very large refractive error for Lasik to correct. It is highly probable that you will have regression of effect. To resolve expected regression during the healing period your surgeon may have deliberately overcorrected you into hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision.

Many Lasik patients experience temporary dry eyes. Dry eyes can cause or exacerbate vision focus problems and contribute or cause halos.

Lasik eye strain would be expected when you have had such a large change. This will likely resolve as your eyes and brain become accustomed to your new vision and any overcorrection or undercorrection is resolved through healing or Lasik enhancement surgery.

As these and other issues resolve with healing, it is reasonable to experience an improvement in your day and night vision quality, however you need to notify your doctor of any and all undesired symptoms.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It