6 Weeks Post-Lasek & Imbalance between eyes

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

6 Weeks Post-Lasek & Imbalance between eyes

Postby hermit » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:53 am

Hi Glenn,

I am now 6 Weeks Post LASEK - before hand I was -1.25, -1.75. Things had been going great with no side effects at all but in the last week I have noticed that the vision in my right eye is not as good as the vision in my left eye. My left eye is crystal clear but my right is quite blurry - th right eye is definitely better than it was pre-LASEK but at the moment I am disappointed as I need 6/9 6/12 to become a police officer and I am not sure if I would pass the medical exam with my eyes at present.

Is it possible that the vision will "come good" in my right eye or do I need to think about enhancement surgery?

Thanks
hermit

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:52 am

At six weeks post LASEK your epithelium (outermost layer of cornea) will have mostly regenerated and thickened, but may not have smoothed as much as needed to give you the crisp vision you desire. Good lubrication will promote a healthy epithelium. Always use preservative-free artificial tears. You may want to ask your doctor to inspect your epithelium closely for any sign of problem.

It is also possible that the correction was not exact and you have residual refractive error. Ask your doctor to do a manifest refraction (which is better, one or two?) to determine if you have any residual refractive error. Remember that about 0.25 diopter is normal fluctuation.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It