Hyperopic Lasik - 2 months out

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Hyperopic Lasik - 2 months out

Postby dstepp » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Today is my second month-versary of hyperopic LASIK. My vision has improved measurably since the 1 month point. Shadowing/ghosting is reduced and mainly reflects dry eye, an ongoing concern.

The progression from 1 to 2 months was quite interesting. On teh 31st fo December, I was have what I have come to call a "bad eye ball day" with halos, glare, limited distance vision. This after a week of traveling which left me with badly blood shot eyes from extensive dry eye. It was really infuriating. On the 1st, in the afternoon I caught myself looking around and seeing clear as a bell. It was amazing! Licence plates three cars away, road signs at 50 feet, etc etc.

Since then, my dry eye has gotten measurably worse and I have gotten significantly more aggressive in my treatment. This includes permanent punctal plugs, Restasis and lots of eye drops and sleeping in the goggles again. This minimizes it but does not eliminate it. I am ~2 weeks on Restasis and am told 1-3 months were needed for a noticeable effect. I am hoping as I heal at 6 months the plugs and the healing will allow me to come off the drugs (messy, stings) and get by on the plugs alone.

More at 3 months....

D.
dstepp

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 am

Do keep us informed.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert