sort of good news with reading glass and some worry

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

sort of good news with reading glass and some worry

Postby daydream » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi, I called my lasik center yesterday to ask for help of reading on computer, they told me to get a 1.00 reading glass.

It really helped on my left eye.( idealy I should probable have 1.00 left and non right).

What worries me is when I look through the reading glass I can see middle distance better too. Does this mean i am over-corrected?

Thanks
daydream

Re: sort of good news with reading glass and some worry

Postby Walt » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:36 am

daydream wrote:Hi, I called my lasik center yesterday to ask for help of reading on computer, they told me to get a 1.00 reading glass.

It really helped on my left eye.( idealy I should probable have 1.00 left and non right).

What worries me is when I look through the reading glass I can see middle distance better too. Does this mean i am over-corrected?

Thanks
Your left eye might indeed be overcorrected. I am 4 wks post lasik and I too use +1 readers for the computer/TV. It also improves my distance vision too. Both of my eyes are currently overcorrected. +.75 left eye and +1.0 right eye.

My next appointment is on 14 Feb, hopefully my overcorrection will reduce some by then.

Let us know how you progress.
Walt

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:37 pm

At your next examination ask your doctor for a refraction (which is better, one or two?) and this will determine your current eye prescription. It may also be valuable for a manifest refraction and a cycloplegic refraction. A cycloplegic refraction is the same which is better one or two process, but with the natural lens unable to change focus. This can provide a more accurate analysis of your optics.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

just came back from doctors office

Postby daydream » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:27 am

Hi, I went to see my doctor(two weeks after lasik) today.

He said it is too early to say anything final about my vision and he sees improvement.

But I should use eye drop more frequent: every hour and he gave me a Muro 128 (for corneal edema).

all-in-all, my vision is improving especially after a week but I still have difficulties on computer screen and still got headache at the end of day.
daydream

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:33 pm

It's good to hear you are progressing. You may want to read our article about Lasik eye strain.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

cause of corneal edema?

Postby daydream » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:47 am

Hi, the new eye drops(muro 5%) are very harsh on my eyes -- tears come out every time.

I am just wondering what causes the edema? Is it still normal for me to have this after 18 days?

another thing bothers me is my doctor doesn't do manifest refraction on the post-opt -- I just read the chart with both eyes -- eventhough I explained that my vision are quite different between left and right :?

Any thought? thanks......

Daydream
daydream

Re: cause of corneal edema?

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 pm

daydream wrote:I am just wondering what causes the edema? Is it still normal for me to have this after 18 days?

Not just normal, but pretty much expected.

daydream wrote:another thing bothers me is my doctor doesn't do manifest refraction on the post-opt -- I just read the chart with both eyes -- eventhough I explained that my vision are quite different between left and right :?

This is not really surprising. You are so early in the healing process that your eyes are changing to quickly. A manifest refraction today may be completely wrong in another week. While it is good to know exactly what is happening, there is not much to be done. Your surgeon has probably seen hundreds of patients who had the exact same problems as you and saw them resolve without any intervention. It is easy for the surgeon to appear complacent. It’s the first time for you, the hundredth (or thousands) for the surgeon.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It