My Lasik Success Story

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

My Lasik Success Story

Postby christyj001 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:58 pm

Thought I would post my Lasik experience since I frequented these boards about a year ago before my surgery and haven't really been back since! Some background info about me: I was one month shy of my 29th birthday on the day of my surgery and had been wearing glasses/contacts since about age 7, most recently in hard contacts due to giant papilary conjuctivitis preventing me from wearing soft lenses. On my initial visit pre-surgery, my vision was -8.00 +0.50 @ 075 (right eye) and -6.75 +1.00 @ 090 (left eye). I underwent custom intralase on 2/22/07.

The surgery was quick and painless, but I did experience some pain post-surgery. It was like an intense headache in my eyeballs. Hubby got my pain script filled and it was smooth sailing from there. My vision was much clearer and I continued post-op appointments over the next several months. My eyes never really felt dry, although I kept using lubricating drops (Optive) several times a day. As time went on, I felt that my vision was not as sharp as it could be and I was right. At my August 2007 appointment, I had regressed to -1.25 in the right eye and -1.50 in the left. So I decided to undergo enhancement surgery on 10/25/07. Again the pain was pretty intense after the procedure and I found it very difficult to keep my eyes open after surgery, I think cuz I took an extra half a valium that time cuz I was nervous.

I can tell my vision is much sharper now. On my 12/6/07 appointment, my vision was +0.25 in both eyes. I am finally seeing 20/20!! I still use Optive twice a day, more out of habit than need. The doc saw no signs of epithelial ingrowth after the enhancement and my eyes never really feel dry, although I can tell they get tired after several hours at the computer or TV. The only real side-effect I have now are the halos around lights at night. But that is something I can definitely live with, since my night vision is now much clearer overall.

Sorry this got a little long, I just wanted to share my positive experience. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.
christyj001

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:09 am

Thanks for the excellent report!
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago