out of focus in a relaxed state

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

out of focus in a relaxed state

Postby lboogie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi,
I saw my surgeon today b/c I've had cheek and nose/ brow bone sensations/ache. He suggested it is due to vision settling in still. I was shown to be 20/10 (barely) with both eyes. 20/20 in one and 20/10 in the other. It as been 7 weeks.

The other most noticeable thing is that since surgery when I let my eyes completely relax things go in and out of focus (at all ranges). I guess the good thing is that after a few seconds they "come back" to sharp focus.

My doc just said to wait and see -- but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm less worried now I guess about nerve damage or dry eyes being the main culprit.

I work at a computer, but not necessarily focused tightly all day -- I have lots of breaks.

Any words of advise, wisdom are welcome. Oh-- and my orginal eyes were -4.25 and -5.00
lboogie

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:14 pm

It sounds like you are experiencing normal post-Lasik vision fluctuations plus perhaps a bit of Lasik eye strain while your eyes and brain become accustomed to your new vision.

Report your difficulties to your surgeon and please let us know how you progress.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It