PRK

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK

Postby riley » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:15 pm

I have found this board very informative and am happy to now appear on the "Just Had it" instead of the "Thinking About It"

I had PRK on both eyes on January 17th. All went very well. My eyes were prepared using a little brush (reminded me of the Sonic toothbrush). I did not feel a thing and was amazed at how fast the procedure went. 20 seconds on one eye and 24 on the other. I did have the custom wave map done using the Bausch & Lomb Zyoptix Laser. I don't know why the Doctor choose that laser over the other 4 lasers available. I certainly was not going to tell the Doctor what tools to use on my eyes. He is the professional at this and not me!

Anyways, I got home at 4:00 and went to bed. Woke up at 6:30 pm and started the steroid and antibiotic drops every two hours. No pain. Just felt like a little bit of sand was in one eye.

Friday. Day one post-op. Visit went well. I had 20/30 vision and the clear contact bandages were still centered on each eye. Very sensitive to light.

Saturday. Day two post-op. Intense burning sensation in both eyes with a lot of tearing. Very difficult to keep eyes open. Continued with the drops but had to use ice packs on eyes and 800 mb. motrin for pain. I had purchased a sleep mask before the surgery and I am glad I did as I used it all day. Keeping the eyes closed they say promotes healing.

Sunday. Day three post-op. Woke up much much better today. No pain, no burning no tearing. Extreme light sensitivity continues (glad I had this done in the winter and not the summer with the intense sunlight). I cannot seem to watch TV as it hurts my eyes. When I took the dog for a walk this morning I had to actually wear two pair of sunglasses due to the sensitivity. Vision is not crisp clear.

Tomorrow I go to get the contact lens bandages out. I'll keep you posted.
riley

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:26 am

Please do keep us posted.

The photophobia (light sensitivity) may be due to the steroids necessary to control the healing response. Report your concerns to your surgeon, but expect a response to "stay the course".
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It