constant headache for 2 months now

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

constant headache for 2 months now

Postby maggie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:41 am

had lasik wavefront 9 weeks ago, developed persistent headache 10 days later and have had it ever since, day and night. Have been medically checked (Mri, ct scan) etc so nothing medically causing headache. Have been back to my laser clinic on several occasions complaining of this and am getting nowhere. My vision has been checked for eyestrain (its 20/20) and i got it double checked with my another optician. I work with computer all day which isn't helping and have had a lot of time of work due to this condition. I'm getting married on december 21st and have a 3 week honeymoon to thailand booked and everything is now up in the air so to speak due to the constant pain in my head. On my last visiit to the clinic my surgeon said that it could not be associated to the surgery. I use drops regularly and a gel at night and my eyes don't feel like they are dry enough to be causing me such constant pain. Please help.
maggie

Postby lboogie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:25 am

Hi, how are you doing now? Did you get any resolution? I am in the same boat, I was find for about a month post-lasik, and now I have re-curring, intermittent headaches. I'm really worried. The doc. has me on the steriod drops again -- but I'm not sure what that's really going to do. I just started that 2 days ago - no real relief yet.
lboogie

Postby maggie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am

have been told by a different doc that its to do with dry eyes, something about not producing the lipid part of the my tears which is the oily part which keeps drops etc in your eyes and stops them from evaporating off. I still have a headache but its not as severe as it was. I'm also on antibiotics and have a regime of steaming my eyes twice a day, so hopefully it with sort it out but its taking a lot of time
maggie

Return to Had It A While Ago