Has Advanced CustomVue with the Intralase Method 12/31

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Has Advanced CustomVue with the Intralase Method 12/31

Postby wbk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:04 pm

Just want to share my experience 1 week post-op.

Pre-op:

Left eye: -5
Right eye: -3.5 (doctor said this eye is stronger.)

The surgery went very well with very less discomfort. 1 day post-op check showed visual acuity for left eye is 20/20, right eye is 20/16, 20/16 for both eyes. Quite satistied. The doctor said my left eye "reacted more". As there is red spot around the flap. I did some research, it seems to be normal as the surgery severed the blood vessel. Doctor recommended me to increase a drop of Pred Forte per day (from 4 to 5 per day). As of today, the red spot has slowly faded away. Yippy!!!

Eyes a bit dry (especially the left one) throughout the day. Relied heavily on the eye drops to moisturize them.

Last few days I can see the strength of my right eye as I can see very clear with my right eye, as good as wearing glasses. But my left eye seems to be weaker, I am crossing my fingers for it to get better even though I am quite satisfied overall. And I don't think I will go for enhancement with my current visual acuity.

Plan to take Flaxceed Oil to improve the dry eye.

Tomorrow will be my 1 week post-op check. Will ask my doctor on night lucricant gel because my eyes get very dry while sleeping. Sometime has to wake up to drip the eye drop. I still wear the protective glass while sleeping even though doctor mentioned that I only need to wear for 3 days post-op.

Will share more once talked to my doctor tomorrow. :)
wbk

Postby wbk » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:12 am

Went for the 1 week post-op check this morning. Things look good.

Left: -0.25
Right: 0.0 (my stronger eye).

Visual acuity is 20/20 for left, right and both eyes. Can see some letters below the 20/20 line though. Hope the vision get sharper after one month.

Stop Prep Forte and Zymar drop from today onwards. Bloodshed sudsides more by now, believe it would go away next week. Eyes still dry, will continue the artificial tear drop.

Will report back after 1 month post-op check.

Cheers.
wbk

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:28 am

Congrats on the good result thus far. We will look forward to your one month postop report.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby wbk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:37 pm

Reached one month postop today and I went to see my doctor this morning. Here is my experience since the first week postop check.

The bloodshed on my right eye has gone after the second week. Both eyes have significantly improved on dry eyes. But I still continue using the preservative-free drops throughout the days. I am thinking of using it for another month or two. I has stopped closing my eyes during shower since couple of days ago, no irritation at all with those water from the shower hose. Will start swimming again in the pool this weekend, but need to buy the indexless goggle first

Still see the halos around the light at night, but it is very mild compared to first week postop. Eyes still get very tired after midnight. I think I will change my lifestyle by sleeping early and waking up early for the next few months.

Doctor examined my eyes this morning and happy to hear that everything is looking good. Visual acuity is 20/20 for right and both eyes. Left eye can only see 20/25 clearly, might be due to -0.50 astig. And he didn't think I need enhancement. Will see him again in 4 months time.

I am quite happy with the result so far.
wbk

Postby Chow Yun Fat » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 am

Good to see you're doing great 4 weeks later.
Chow Yun Fat

Return to Just Had It