Had wavefront bladeless lasik on 18/02. Progress check.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Had wavefront bladeless lasik on 18/02. Progress check.

Postby mgear356 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:18 am

Hi everyone, I finally went for the surgery after reading all the wonder advices and experiences here.

I am 24 this year, living in singapore
Before the lasik, I was having -3.25 left and -3.5 right my myopia. No astigmatism. Didnt wear any contact lenses before and myopia got stable at the age of 21. Doctor also have the same myopia records.

After treatment, my left is 6/6, razor sharp. However my right is 6/7.5 after first review. It's slightly blurry. This has been the condition right after surgery till now. No improvements.

I got some questions to ask.

1) I understand that it needs healing for my eyes to get perfect vision. But is there any chance that my right eye was under corrected?

2) I have problems looking at my LCD monitor and my eyes get tired easily. I understand is got to do with relearn the focusing. Can anyone share thier inputs on this issue. As in when did it get better for the focus?

3) For the past 2 days, my eyes would feel dry after sleeping half-way for like 4-5hrs. Common?

Overall i am pretty happy with my lasik results and thank you everyone for reading this post.
mgear356

Postby Walt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 am

It is only two days out.

1. Your right eye could be experiencing some edema which will cause poor vision until the swelling goes down. It is too soon to tell or worry about but there is always the chance that you are "under corrected."

2. I experienced ghosting looking at red LED lights. Most of it has gone now (somewhere between week 3 and 4) but I still see multiple images of red stop lights at night.

3. Dry eye at night is very common in the beginning, if you wake just pop a drop in each eye and go back to sleep.

Good luck and have patience.
Walt

Postby mgear356 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:41 pm

ah thanks for yr input walt..

can u elaborate more on the swelling? is it visible to the naked eye? normally how long does it take for the swelling to go down?

my doctor said both eyes are doing good.
mgear356

Postby Walt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:09 pm

It took my left eye a couple of weeks for the swelling (edema) to go down and no it is not visible to the naked eye with out proper lamp and experience of what to look for. What I mean is my doc saw it during his exam.

Good Luck
Walt

Postby mgear356 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:41 pm

ah so after the swelling is gone, yr right eye became perfect? :D
mgear356

Postby Walt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:56 pm

After the swelling went down the quality of my vision improved greatly but I started out with both eyes at -2.5 and ended up overcorrected. My left eye is +1.25 (20/50) and my right eye is +1 (20/40.) I will be having both eyes retreated in 2-4 weeks.
Walt

Postby mgear356 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:57 pm

just a quick update..

left is still razor sharp..

right no improvements yet..

5th day after lasik..

eyes are still pretty dry at times..

seriously cant wait for it to get better on my right eye..
:roll: :?
mgear356

Postby mgear356 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:11 pm

18 days after lasik.

Left side is still razor sharp

Right side has improved over the past 4 days
not so blurry but still not as good as my left.

halos and starburst are smaller too..

I am able to focus pretty well now on LCD monitor.

glad that i had my lasik :)
mgear356

Return to Just Had It