LASEK 7 days ago

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby jturner29 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:15 am

hi,
i had lasek 9 days ago , and my close up vision is okay, however my distance vision is very blury, peoples faces are not clear and at first people just looked like blobs, each day i can say that the blurriness is better, but it is still there and annoying, night driving is impossible for me right now , i hate blurry faces, i am happy to see some improvement, i can read with both eyes the 20/25 line .. i think i was 20/25 and 20/30 , individually, that was three days ago, i will say even though i had to leave work my first day back because i thought i was going to go crazy, sensitivity to light and loud noises and looking at all those blury faces oh god i just wanted to close my eyes , ( i am nurse by the way). i am glad i can wake up and see the clock and i have great shower vision, i can see everything great in the shower.....
jturner29

i forgot

Postby jturner29 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:20 am

Schade805
i originally started writing the previous post to answer your question , any way i did have a cramping in my left eye for about 2-3 days after surgery, i was a deep crampimg it would cramp and then stop it was pretty painful, i had to take that pain medication that night, because i woke up in the midle of the night and then i could not go back to sleep because it was cramping pretty often like every 2-3 seconds and would not stop
jturner29

Postby carmen123 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:26 pm

Schade,

I remember feeling mild discomfort. I'm not sure if I would describe it as cramping..but sometimes little shots of pain. But they were never very bad.

The healing process is just very slow (for most people). My vision is definitely better, but still not perfect.

Inside, things are shadowy, and at night, there are usually starburts around every light.

I'm not sure if these will ever go away, I'm hoping that with time.

Good Luck with your recovery!!
carmen123

Postby carmen123 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:29 pm

Hi Jturner,

You definitely just need more time. I honestly didn't "see" a big improvement until the month mark. Up until that point I was so worried that I was having trouble sleeping, and I too experienced some dizziness.

Waiting can be difficult, but I think you will get better. It just takes a while. As long as your doc doesn't see any problems, try not to worry.

Good luck, and keep us updated! :)
carmen123

Postby beradbac » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:31 pm

Hey everyone, sorry about the long time between posts I have been really busy. With regard to the cramping pains the only thing I had like that were the first couple weeks at night. I woke up and it felt like someone had ground glass into my eyes but that seems to have gone away. Seemed like if I slept on my back and put some eye drops in before sleep it made it a little better. I remember the first night I woke up and thought my bandage contact had come out and I was in a frenzy. Vision quality wise I would say its almost perfect. Im about 5 weeks out from the operation and sometimes imperfections will pop up and then work themselves out over a couple days. Usually this just occurs in one eye so its really not that bad. Night vision has gotten 200% better as well as indoor vision. I use the FML drops every 4 hours and restasis which is a god send. If your having problems with dryness ask your doc about restasis cause it really does help and improve the quality of vision. From what I was told the focusing issues are partially from dryness and drops and medicine like restasis help. Not much really else, if anyone has questions email me at beradbac@hotmail.com Good luck guys-

Brad
beradbac

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:33 pm

Thanks for the updated report. It is good to hear that your problems are resolved or minor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Just Had It