Unbelievably sensitive

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Unbelievably sensitive

Postby micksom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:46 am

Hi,

I hope someone can give me some reassurance.

I had LASEK surgery 3 ago. Following surgery, the first 2 days were not bad. I did not really experience much pain and, although my eyes were dry in the morning I expected this. However, last night I began the experience starbursts when looking at lights. Then, this morning when I woke up I felt unbelievable sensitivity to the light. I cannot turn on the light, I cant even open the curtains. My eyes are not dry per se, just sore and sensitive. My vision is considerably worse than it was on the first two days.

Are these symptoms I am experiencing on day 3 completely normal, or could they represent something else?
micksom

Postby floatanddry » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:21 pm

If you have extereme light sensitivity you should call your doctor asap. This is important.
floatanddry

Postby lvziggy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Mick, I had PRK, and I had the most pain and sensitivity on the 3rd day after the surgery. The morning after the surgery I was REALLY light sensitive and my eye felt like it had sand in it, but like you said, the 3rd day seemed to be the worst. I was even wearing dark sunglasses inside the house, with the blinds closed.

I think what you are experiencing is probably normal, but if it would give you some comfort, definitely call your doctor. In the meantime, just keep your eyes closed as much as possible, take some ibuprofen, use your drops, and it should be noticably better in the next day or so.

~Alison
lvziggy

Return to Just Had It