Enhancement: TWO THUMBS UP!

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Enhancement: TWO THUMBS UP!

Postby grumpyteach » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:43 am

Hi all,
As you may or may not know, I've had a fairly successful time with LASIK, going from -7.5 with astigmatism to -2 and -1 with no astigmatism.

Well, on Thursday 24th January I went for my enhancement and it was fantastic. I couldn't believe how sharp it was the next day...even though the refractive error from the first operation was not that bad, it really sharpened things up. I'm seeing 20/20 for the first time since I was 7!

I'm using the antibiotic drops etc for another few days yet, but I thought it would be worthwhile to put a success story...I was apprehensive about the enhancement (what if something went wrong? etc) but it turned out beautifully...I feel so happy now...cross fingers not too much regression!
grumpyteach

Postby ultrarunner » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 pm

Hello, I am glad to hear your touch-up went well. I am considering getting LASIK (technically SBK) on my -10.5, -9.5 eyes. I am not expecting perfection, but I expect to hit close to 20/20 and am wondering why you were not able to go from -7 to 0--but instead to -2, -1. How long ago was your initial procedure? Thanks.
ultrarunner

Postby grumpyteach » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:24 am

My first procedure was in September 07, and although the Dr always said he would 'err on the side of caution' (undercorrect rather than overcorrect and hope for the best), he was puzzled that I 'under responded' so much. My astigmatism pitched me into the 'severe' category, so I was always pretty sure I'd have to have an enhancement anyway.

I've heard of people who have had worse than me and hit 20/20...I guess it was just my bad luck. Fortunately I had an EXCELLENT Dr and followup, so my expectations weren't unrealistic. I am reaping the benefits now with 20/20 vision!
grumpyteach

Return to Had It A While Ago