Enhancements

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Enhancements

Postby rosie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:18 pm

My husband had Lasik surgery last year, within 6 months his right eye was excellent, his left was not as good. Before the surgury both eyes were the same -2.5. I don't remember what is right is but his left was -.5. The doctor advise him to have an enhancement in his left eye so we did that know his left eye is even worse. They took it from -.5 to +1 and his eye is constantly dry. The doctors want to do another enhancement it has been 6 months since the enhancement and he says he thinks his eye is getting worse. We were wondering if anyone else had 2 enhancements and came out on the positive side. :(
rosie

Postby Walt » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:35 am

I too started out at -2.5 in each eye. I am now +1 and +1.25 in each eye. I will be getting the final evaluation for a second surgery on April 4th and expect to have the retreatment done in the second week of April.

Being at +1 makes everything blurry. I will only be having my first retreatment but the positive news for your husband is that since his initial refraction was only -2.5 he most likely still has plenty of cornea left to work with. Also according to what I have read on this site the laser will be zapping cornea in an area that was previously little touched by the laser.

I'm betting -.5 is looking pretty darn good to him about now isn't it.

Good luck in whatever he decides to do.
Walt

Postby rosie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:22 pm

From all that I have read he never should have had the enhancement! An enhancement should only be done if your eyes are above -+1. Looking back -.5 was great. He is not planning on having additional surgery he is content to live with what he has now.
rosie

Postby Pappy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:31 pm

rosie wrote:From all that I have read he never should have had the enhancement! An enhancement should only be done if your eyes are above -+1. Looking back -.5 was great. He is not planning on having additional surgery he is content to live with what he has now.

Yep, doing work on eyes with less than 1 diopter is a total crap shoot, most reputable doctors wont do it. The lasers just aren't precise enough for this and healing rates for each individual come into play to a much greater extent than for larger corrections.

Tell your hubby good for him.
Pappy

Return to Had It A While Ago