Those uncomfortable masks...

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Those uncomfortable masks...

Postby moocow870 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:18 pm

I do not know what is worse, the ring and suction part of the surgery or pretty much being forced to sleep on my back (which I do not do well) with the mask that wrecks havoc on the bridge of my nose.

The question is, does anyone know of any kind of sleep masks I could buy somewhere that offers roughly the same protection as that mask? I'm going in for my first week check up today and ask them as well.

Don't get me wrong, Lasik is one of my highlights in my life so far. Nothing like waking up a day after your surgery for your doc to tell you that you are already seeing 20/20. I would recommend lasik to anyone that is thinking about it.

Thanks for any answers.
moocow870

Postby bexensol » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:19 pm

May be a bit late for you now, but I couldn't tolerate the mask I was provided. I too cannot sleep on my back. I have sports style sun-glasses, that hug the face. These and a soft pillow worked for me.
bexensol

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 pm

It is likely that the protective shield you wear at night will not be needed after your one week examination. Ask your doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby armyvet » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:21 pm

I used two pair of sleeping soft night-shades that I bought with some pajamas....(like the ones they give you on a plane)I used two of them because they are soft and I still sleep like that after 6 days from surgery. I did the mask one night and I did not sleep!
armyvet

Return to Just Had It