Need Help in Arizona

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Need Help in Arizona

Postby cannotthinkofaname » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:27 am

I had RK in 1993 and it was a disaster immediately. They read the wrong chart and severely overcorrected my right eye. I have lived with it all this time, but it is too the point now I can't stand this poor vision any longer and am sinking into depression.

Does anyone know a reputable opthamologist they could recommend in the Phoenix area? Briefly, my left eye is +3.75, my right eye is +8.50 and I have a 4.25 prism in both eyes. (Before RK I was -2.25 in both eyes....) I don't want 20/20 vision, I just want some type of surgery to get my right eye down to about 4.00 so I don't look like a cyclops in glasses. Just to try and balance the vision in my eyes. I cry so much over this. Double vision, halos, fluctuating vision, biggest mistake of my life. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations? :( Thank you.
cannotthinkofaname

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:25 am

There are two Phoenix Lasik surgeons whose patient outcomes have been certified by our organization. You may want to consider them.

Over 8.00 diopters of hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) refractive error cannot be corrected by Lasik, however lens implants may. You should investigate P-IOLs and RLE.

You have a complicated case. It would be impossible to speculate what you could expect, but a comprehensive examination from a competent surgeon may provide you with some options.

Please keep us informed.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby cannotthinkofaname » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Thank you for getting back with me. I will read more about what you suggested. Sometimes I think I would be better off getting an artificial eye in my right eye, at least I would no longer struggle with double vision. If anyone else comes on here and has a similar problem I would love to hear from you. Thank you again.
cannotthinkofaname

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:17 pm

It is possible that a corneal transplant would be necessary to provide the stability you need, however that is a rather extreme response. If the cornea is stable and otherwise healty, then a P-IOL or RLE may be recommended by your doctor as most appropriate.

You will know much more after an examination.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby cannotthinkofaname » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:35 pm

I have been researching that as well. I have an appointment on April 17th. I will post back with an update. Maybe my info can help others?
cannotthinkofaname

Postby Pappy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:16 am

cannotthinkofaname wrote:I have been researching that as well. I have an appointment on April 17th. I will post back with an update. Maybe my info can help others?

It sure will, I hope there is a solution out there for you.
Pappy

Return to Had It A While Ago