Ghosting/Double Vision Post-LASIK (Wavefront Intralase)

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Ghosting/Double Vision Post-LASIK (Wavefront Intralase)

Postby snowprince » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:19 pm

I had lasik done about 3 week 3 days ago.

Immediately postop, I noticed double vision in my left eye. It was very severe at that time. So much so that even though my right eye had no double vision, my reading ability when both eyes were open was pathetic.

Subsequently, the double vision improved slightly. Reading has become much easier. However, there is still a lingering 12 or 1 o'clock ghosting when I see through my left eye only.

I am not sure if this will improve further. I realise ghosting is one of the worst side effects, because it makes seeing difficult even if the eye has 20/20 acuity.

I was extremely depressed during the first 2 weeks after op. In fact I am still mildly so. I wonder if I might have made the wrong choice consenting to such a potentially disabling procedure. If there is no improvement, I must say I am not at all satisfied with the outcome.

Please note that I never had astig in my left eye and I had myopia of -9 bilaterally before op.

How common is ghosting postop? Has there been anyone out there who had ghosting and subsequently recovered have no ghosting?
snowprince

Postby Chow Yun Fat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:46 pm

Is ghosting "only" temporary or can it be permanent?
Chow Yun Fat

Postby snowprince » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Is Glenn on holiday?
snowprince

Postby snowprince » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:41 pm

I am 6 weeks post op. Realising that I am also suffering from the all obnoxious doubling of green lights!!

So everytime I stare at green lights from afar, I will see a ghost image of the light hovering at the top of the real light.

Someone once wrote this may be due to flap edge healing.

How true is that?

Will it go away?
snowprince

Postby Chow Yun Fat » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:15 am

4 1/2 weeks after surgery, my left eye is now 20/20 or better. My right eye was 20/50 with a faint ghosting slightly to the left but it creates blurry vision. The Doc said that my flap wasn't laying optimally. The next day he relifted my flap and did some cleaning and scraping. Today, (6 days later) my right eye is still recovering and blurry vision but using both eyes works a lot better than my ghosting problem.
Chow Yun Fat

Postby cannotthinkofaname » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:45 am

15 years post op, ghosting never improved, just became worse, double vision became worse, have never seen clearly since day one of surgery. Worse decision of my life. Before surgery I was nearsighted, now I am extremely farsighted. Became so depressed about 5 years ago I wanted to end it all. I fear for you, because I have never known anyone where the ghosting goes away, only gets worse. Look at these pictures, this is my life. I hope it is not yours.

http://www.visionsurgeryrehab.org/imagegallery.html
cannotthinkofaname

Return to Just Had It