Question for the intralase folks

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Question for the intralase folks

Postby xtracrispy69 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Hey everyone,
Had my procedure done on Mar 21, had a small astigmatism in both eyes, couldn't see distance, think my prescript was -1.25 or something. Anyways noticed some different in my ability to read things far away but still haven't achieved the 20/20. Now I have done some computer work in the two days after surgery, will this have damaged my eyes? The doc said my healing has been incredible but I still notice halos and am sensitive to things up close, like this screen. Will computer work for say 4 hrs per day mess up my million dollar procedure?
xtracrispy69

Postby xtracrispy69 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:49 am

So none of you folks with the surgery are comp workers? Hmmmm I just wanna know whether computer use in the first two days after surgery can undo the changes made by the procedure or damage the work done
xtracrispy69

Postby Pappy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:45 pm

xtracrispy69 wrote:So none of you folks with the surgery are comp workers? Hmmmm I just wanna know whether computer use in the first two days after surgery can undo the changes made by the procedure or damage the work done

It didn't mess mine up although I had to bump the fonts and wear reading glasses for about 3 weeks (PRK for me not lasik so a bit different on the healing part).

The only thing it might do is slow down how fast your eyes get used to refocusing the lense portion. It won't actually damage you I don't think. Should ask your doc any ways and I'm sure he'll give you a much more detailed anaswer.
Pappy

Postby purpleGORILLA » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:55 pm

I don't see why it would affect your vision if you are on the computer. Sorry, I don't see the logic in it. Unless the monitor emits some type of radiation but I really dont' see any side effects.

I was on the computer the next days for several times a day. Its been almost 2 months since I had Lasik. My vision haven't change.
purpleGORILLA

Return to Just Had It