8 days - Hypermetrop diary

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

8 days - Hypermetrop diary

Postby armyvet » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Hello everybody,
My experience so far...I had Lasik 15 March 2008, first day perfect, from Monday I was crappy blurry and scared as hell!
Yesterday, a week after I was getting bad again....could not see the TV. This morning I woke up and as every day since the surgery I look on the window to see if I can "see"...surprise....I could see crisp....as day goes by I have to concentrate, but I think I am getting better. I used to have OS +0.75 and OD +1.75. I wore glasses since I was 2 yo and I was getting tired of it. Left eye is still dominant, but I am happy to be able to see the license plate in front of me!!!
armyvet

Postby armyvet » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:58 pm

Next friday I have to be back for my check-up. I can see fine the red numbers on the clock screen, but I see pretty bad in artificial lighting. Outside is great, I love the sun, actually I don't have sensitivity to the light, only if it is night.....little glare, no halos....I think I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel....I am thinking I am going to be recovering from this, I need to.....
armyvet

Postby griffin » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:00 pm

congrats armyvet... glad to hear its getting better for you...
griffin

Postby armyvet » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks, I am trying to keep positive. I've asked everybody I knew to pray for me and I tried to keep my spirit up, laughing is the best medicine. I watched the american funny home videos and I laughed in the second day that I thought my eyes will go out of their sockets. You know what? I think it worked....the more positive I got and better I am getting. Is all a mind game and I need to concentrate on that. I have to keep telling my brain that he has no other choice than just to adjust to the new eyes I got and deal with it!!!! :lol:
armyvet

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:22 am

Artificial light, especially florescent lighting, can provide poor vision. It seems to have something to do with the particular wavelength of florescent lighting. This commonly passes with healing. It is possible to purchase florescent tubes that provide more natural light, if this is a problem in an area where you can change out the light bulbs.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby armyvet » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:16 am

I see but I cannot see I don't know to explain this..is better than last week that was driving me crazy, but where I work - I work in a department store is only fluorescent lightning so today I was really annoyed because I was still seeing blurry in the far distance because of that. Interesting enough, the sun does not bother my eyes.
Overall, is improved but I start hurting from concentrating so much to see...cannot wait for friday to talk to them at the center.
I keep using my drops all the time because the air conditioning enviroment -home is fine I don't use it at all, but in the store is hard to keep my eyes from it. This morning it was a crazy sensation in my left eye like I had something in it, like a little blind spot in the corner of my eye. It went away as day went by, but was a weird feeling. I can see the traffic lights in the natural light clear, but nighttime-u=ohh....glare and the car lights seem so darn powefrul like everybody is on high beam just to drive me nuts!!!! I hope this is not a permanent situation cause I cannot live like this!
armyvet

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:28 am

At nine days postop it is reasonable to expect these symptoms to resolve with healing.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby griffin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:34 am

i have that same feeling armyvet. I can be looking at stuff but not really seeing it. Its as though my eyes are having a hard time focusing on multiple things. I dont notice it so much when im outside, and things are off in the distance, but when im in the grocery store or in the office, i cant seem to get a fix on anything unless i concentrate on focusing on it. I think its because i have some astigmatism left over. Im about 4 weeks out at this point.
griffin

Postby armyvet » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:04 am

Thanks Glenn for prompt watch over us :-)
armyvet

Postby armyvet » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:23 am

Hello Griffin

At least I am grateful that I can see mostly well, and in a good day I can see crisp a half a mile away, but as soon as I get in a building I am again a blindbat....hopefully I am going to recover from it, and of course...I have to wait for that.... :roll:
armyvet

Postby griffin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:24 am

thats exactly the way i am too. Love cresting hills while im driving and seeing off into the distance nice and clear. But then i get into the neighborhoods and that all goes away. Almost a bummer to go inside the house where i know my vision will decrease.

On the plus side, not wanting to stay inside and strain to see has gotten me out jogging more :)
griffin

Postby armyvet » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:17 am

Where do you live? I wish I can spend more time out but unfortunatelly I have to work....and when I am off I lay like a lizzard in the sun to catch sun tan. (not only that but I am too tired to do anything else).This only in the winter 'cause summertime here is too hot to be out. I cannot help it, but I love the sun!
Anyway, seems like in the morning the vision is good and as day goes by..bye bye good vison as well...I don't seem so bothered anymore like before, I think I got to the point where I am used to it. I still sleep with my soft shadow "glasses" on and when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I feel the need to put drops in because I feel them sctatchy.
I take it day by day...at least I am getting better and not worse.
armyvet

Postby griffin » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:21 am

Im in st louis. My eyes seem to do the best in the morning and about an hour before sunset. Not really sure why. Guess it has something to do with the light. I think my close vision is getting a little bit better, but im still having a hard time shifting focus from near and far. Most days end with a head ache because of it.
griffin

Postby armyvet » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:39 am

Well...I have the same problem..adjusting from near to far I have to work and concentrate hard sometimes my eyeballs hurt from so much - is it normal? I see very good near - computer, tv but then when I get out to drive I have to work on concentrating to see, eventually I make it but after few good minutes. Oh well...we'll SEE!
Have a good night I am going early to bed I am knocked out!
God Bless Everybody!
armyvet

Postby armyvet » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:59 am

Same old same old at least I see ....better than a week ago. Hopefully it will not get worse but better.
armyvet

Next

Return to Just Had It