eye drops

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

eye drops

Postby jkc » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:14 pm

I’m three weeks post-lasik. Distance vision is pretty good (~20/30) but near vision is still difficult due to some ghosting. However, I’m optimistic that it will get better with time.

I wanted to pass on something that I discovered that makes eye drops more pleasant. I’ve never liked the feeling of cold (room temperature) eye drops going into warm (body temperature) eyes. If you put the closed eye drop container in a clean plastic bag (to avoid getting lint near the drops) and put it in your pocket for 5 minutes to warm up before putting the drops in, the drops feel a lot better going in. This works especially well with the single-use, preservative-free containers. It also makes the more viscous ones a bit thinner and they seem to spread out easier and not end up on eyelashes as much. Can anyone think of a good reason for not doing this?
jkc

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:40 pm

This is a great idea with the single-use vials because they are packaged fully sterile and are easy to carry.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It