For those that had it... and it worked out!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

For those that had it... and it worked out!

Postby m8883ichael » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:03 am

I was thinking, going off the announcement at the top of this index, that it could be nice for those that have had Lasik/PRK and are satisfied with their results (relatively complication free), to post some basic details about their situation: before, treatment method chosen, and after. This way, future readers can see what did work as opposed to what didn't!

My eyes were both the same at -4.0. Hadn't changed in 3-4 years. Recommended to me were the VisX laser using Intralase. Being 24, the VisX was described to me as removing less tissue (generally for those with pupils 6mm and less), thereby leaving more for future touch-ups, should they be necessary. The Intralase, according to pretty much everything I've heard, is the way to go now - quicker healing, more exact, etc.

Currently 4 days post-op and (knock on wood) I'm pleased with the result. Some halos, nighttime only. Dryness is minimal. Vision is great.[/i]
m8883ichael

Postby ptmccain » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm nearly a few days away from being one month from surgery and....all is going very well.

I had monovision LASIK.

I have had some dryness issues in my left eye, but...I can tell the Restasis is really kicking in now and taking hold.

Yesterday was the first day that I can say I hardly noticed I had the LASIK done. Everything just felt "normal."

By the end of the day, my eyes are tired though, but....all is going well.

I'm very happy with my results.

I wonder how long it takes before you stop reaching to take off your glasses, and then realize, "Oh, wait, I don't have glasses!"
ptmccain

Postby BAM17 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:25 pm

For those of you who have followed my chronicles....you would know I had a "bump" in the road the first day. It was fixed the same day...and I went on to heal like any other Lasik patient. I had Custom Lasik 3/19. I am very pleased with the results. I can see great.....and I know I'm still healing. No more red, irritated eyes from wearing contacts all day. I actually looked at my eyes today and can't remember the last time the "whites" of my eyes were so clear and white. For years they were red and irritated from so much contact lens wearing. This web site is great. It is objective material...up to date....and has nothing to sell. If you are contemplating Lasik....do your research. Pick a qualified surgeon. Get referrals. Know he/she will take care of you...even if something goes wrong. Understand that it is surgery, with risks....and you do need to allow yourself some "healing" time. I can add to this post that I am happy with my Lasik. Glasses and contacts for 30 years....and I can now see without them. I never would have imagined in my life time!
BAM17

Postby mcgross » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:18 pm

I am pretty new to this forum and want to thank everyone for sharing their stories. It has been very helpful to me.

I am extremely happy with the results of my Lasik. I was at about 20/600 vision before and was able to see 20/20 the next day. It will be a month on Friday since I had it done and I'm still seeing perfectly. It is hard to get used to it. I still want to take my contacts out at night before going to bed. The only problem I have had is dry eye. But I knew this could be a problem since I had the All-laser Lasik. The only time it really bothers me is in the morning, but the Refresh PM has helped with that. And I've found that taking a Flax-seed oil supplement has helped. Overall, I am very pleased and would do it over again if I had to!
mcgross

Postby wbk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:07 pm

I have Intralasik on 12/31. It took me 2.5 months for my dry eyes to completely go away.
wbk

Return to Just Had It