Vision Decrease, Computer/Television Use

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Vision Decrease, Computer/Television Use

Postby blazini » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:13 am

I recently had successful LASIK eye surgery and am three weeks post operation. My vision is 20/15 in both eyes and the only symptoms I've been having is a decrease is night vision. I say symptom because I hope it's only temperary. Other than that, LASIK has been a God send.

My question is in regards to watching an LCD screen for too long and whether it was a myth or a fact that watching too much television or staying on the computer too long will cause bad eye sight? My eyes never felt dry from using the computer. Due to my profession and hobbies, I am on the computer or looking at a television for nearly eight hours a day. Also, at night I do fall asleep to a television.

Is it fact or is it fiction?
blazini

Postby LauraD » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Bumping this up because I too would like to know. I'm 5 weeks post and I working on a laptop 8 hours a day at work.
LauraD

Postby blazini » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:02 am

I talked to my optometrist and he told me that this is a myth. I could not find evidence that relates poor eye sight to television and computer usage.
blazini

Postby LauraD » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Thanks Blazini, that's good to know. :P
LauraD

Postby blazini » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Yeah, if my vision decreases after my surgery then I am going to kick my parents door down and blame them for it. :)

Okay, okay... I'd knock...
blazini

Return to Just Had It