vision varies depending on light

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

vision varies depending on light

Postby vonjobi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:15 am

it's been more than six months since i had my lasik surgery.

i'm pretty much satisfied, except that in certain kinds of light, i've noticed that i can read better with one eye than the other. and not always the same eye.

i think there's some sort of halo when a place isn't lit well enough, and i think there's some shadow through the eye that's less clear, depending on the light.

has anyone encountered this before? my bigger problem is that i'm now in another country and won't be able to go back to my doctor until july. is it ok if i wait until then to have my eyes checked?
vonjobi

Re: vision varies depending on light

Postby Pappy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:38 am

vonjobi wrote:it's been more than six months since i had my lasik surgery.

i'm pretty much satisfied, except that in certain kinds of light, i've noticed that i can read better with one eye than the other. and not always the same eye.

i think there's some sort of halo when a place isn't lit well enough, and i think there's some shadow through the eye that's less clear, depending on the light.

has anyone encountered this before? my bigger problem is that i'm now in another country and won't be able to go back to my doctor until july. is it ok if i wait until then to have my eyes checked?

Yep and you might find that there is still clearing occuring.

Do you experience this with "low contrast" lighting? Like flourescents?

Could also be your ablation zone and your pupil size are not matching up but waiting (I think most people recommend at least 6 months to a year before having any more surgery) wont hurt.
Pappy

Re: vision varies depending on light

Postby vonjobi » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:30 am

Pappy wrote:Yep and you might find that there is still clearing occuring.

Do you experience this with "low contrast" lighting? Like flourescents?

Could also be your ablation zone and your pupil size are not matching up but waiting (I think most people recommend at least 6 months to a year before having any more surgery) wont hurt.

thanks, pappy.

i don't really know much about the technical stuff, but i guess what you're saying is that it's ok to wait until i can get back to my doctor. i hope you're right =)
vonjobi

Return to Had It A While Ago