Why does squinting make vision clearer after lasik?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Why does squinting make vision clearer after lasik?

Postby GrandpaJohn » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:42 pm

Its been 5 weeks today since having Lasik. Its Awesome inside most the time, slight vision flucuations. I use weak reading glasses now. My problem is outside. In order to make things crisp and sharp at like a half block away I have to do the Clint Eastwood squint. When I squint things clear up and have crisp edges, like on road signs.
My vision also temporarily sharpens up when I put in eye drops. However inside distances are very good without squinting or eye drops.
Since squinting makes things sharpen up does that mean I might have to have more surgery or is this a normal part of the healing process? Thanks
GrandpaJohn

Postby mgear356 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:42 pm

interested to know this too..
cause i am facing this problem too..
mgear356

maybe it's an astigmatism

Postby catnmus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:55 am

I think the squinting could be an astigmatism. I know that I have an astigmatism now in my left eye, and probably my right (had that done 2 months after the left - I had epi-lasik). Squinting helps, but luckily mine isn't that bad in the left eye. Still too early to tell with the right. I'll see where I end up.

You should probably have an eye exam and see what your doctor recommends about astigmatism correction. But your eyes could still be healing, too.
catnmus

EyeDrops work temporarily before resorting to squinting

Postby GrandpaJohn » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:14 pm

Thanks very much for your input.
I am hoping that my eyes are still healing. Its been 6 weeks now. When I put in eye drops my vision clears up very nicely, distance is sharp & clear. If it would just stay like that I would be very satisfied with my lasik surgery. But the clearing effect that the eye drops bring wears off in 5-10 mins and then I have to squint to make outside distance viewing sharp.
I really hope I dont need to get a tune up to fix any astigmatism that the surgery might have missed because I didnt buy the insurance to cover that so I would have to pay full price again, which I couldnt afford to do.
GrandpaJohn

Return to Just Had It