After eye drops = sharp vision for 10 secs+ and blurry again

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

After eye drops = sharp vision for 10 secs+ and blurry again

Postby mgear356 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:55 am

my first 2 threads.

http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert ... php?t=1587 (right after lasik and progress was good)

till.

http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert ... php?t=1634

So now my progress for my left is still sharp.
For my right eye, its like 6/9 vision

But with eye drops it becomes 6/6 for like 10-20 secs
any reasons why?
mgear356

Postby LauraD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:29 pm

I am 3 weeks post and just recently when I put the preservative free drops in I get the same thing. Everything super clear. Drives me crazy because it doesn't stay that way.

My left eye is much sharper then my right. My second post op visit says they are still healing and that I have some dry eye in my left. (you would think he would have said right, which I wish he did to explain it)
LauraD

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:50 pm

There would be two primary reasons why vision would suddenly improve after eye drops, but quickly dissipate.

The surface of the cornea is a bit rough. The epithelium is the soft pliable outermost layer of the cornea. Corneal epithelial cells are the fastest reproducing cells in the human body, but if they have not fully healed, thickened, and smoothed, then vision quality may be diminished. When you apply an eye drop, all the microscopic cracks and crevasses are filled in by the artificial tears and this creates a smooth surface. This is a sign of dry eyes and/or incomplete healing.

Another change with eye drops is a very small change in the thickness of the cornea (including the tears with eye drops). A full diopter of refractive error is only about 12 microns of thickness - that is about 1/5th the width of a human hair. When you apply artificial tears the thickness of the cornea increases a small amount for a brief period. It may be that you are very slightly over-corrected into hyperopia and the extra thickness brings you back to plano (no refractive error).

Your doctor can advise you on the condition of your epithelium and your current refractive error.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby LauraD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:49 pm

Thank you Glenn for that explaination. I call it the "See Clear Tease" LOL Hopefully once the dry eye condition improves so will my vision.
LauraD

Postby mgear356 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 am

Ah thank you glenn for the answers.. Guess i would have to wait till 4th of april for my 3rd review with my doctor.

I certainly hope that its incomplete healing for my right eye.

However My question now is by any chance the injury to my right eye be the cause of over correcting?

If it is, then its enhancement the only cure?
mgear356

updates

Postby mgear356 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:32 pm

back from 3rd review with my doctor.

was informed that there is no damage to my right eye.
However i was measured with remaining degree of 100.

He had advised me to monitor it and come for a 4th review in 3months time.
If it exist, its time for enhancement.

Questions.

1) I had seen my records that my flap thickness is around 341. Would it be risky for enhancement?

2) After sleeping, when i look out i felt that my right eye's degree had dropped to like 50? But when i start to look at computer monitor, it goes back to like 100.

- Does looking at monitor delays or damange my eyes healing ability?
mgear356

Postby mgear356 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:06 pm

just a quick update..

left eye still as sharp as ever.

right eye has gone worst..
feels like 150 degrees myopic.

dependency on eyes drops got lesser as both of them are not so dry.

Two more burning question to ask.

When i told my doctor that on the day when i accidentally poked my eye, i was advised by one of the staff to see if there is any redness. If not i do not need to see a doctor.

1) His reaction was pretty surprised. Was that a wrong advice given by the staff?

2) My right eye's myopic before lasik was 350 degrees which i think is -3.50

Like i read in the forums, it is unusual to get regression of -1.00 to -1.50 unless it's more than -6.00
Doctor claims that no damage to my right pupil. Could it be to the poking incident that resulted this regression
Or
is just my luck that my right eye behaved this way..

IMO now look at things now are pretty torturous, one sharp and one not.
I can only pray that it gets better for my right eye really soon.
3 months for enhancement is really far too long.

Need answers badly. :(
mgear356

Postby mgear356 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:13 am

just a quick update..

somedays my right eye would be good just when i wake up but deteriorates as the day goes on..

hmm i wish that glenn could answer my question on the post before this :/
mgear356

Return to Just Had It