Question about overcorrection.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby griffin » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:47 am

Ok, so i went in to get my eyes checked again and the prescription has gotten a bit better. Albeit things still look fuzzy. The prescription at this point is

OD pl -1.00x005
OS +.75 -1.00x1.75

So its headed in the right direction, but the astigmatism hasnt changed really. What are the chances the astigmatism will actually get better?

If my left eye gets to plano as well, what are the chances of a good outcome with an enhancement with 1.00 astigmatisms?

If i could see really well up close or really well far away i think id be happier, but it seems these astigmatism just keep things fuzzy throughout. Or am i crazy when i think of it that way. I also blame the astigmatisms for poor vision in limited light, but that only becuase i think i read it somewhere. Is that true too. Really debating on what to do. Trying to stay positive. Still have eye pains and headaches, not sure if they are caused by straining or what the deal is.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone with help.
griffin

Postby SteveR » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:35 am

Hi Griffin,

You don't say how long it's been since your op. - you'd need to give it at least 3 months before you can start thinking too far ahead. If I were you I'd keep the -1.00D myopia since that will come in progressively more handy as you get older (40's onwards). The other long-sighted eye may be the one giving trouble, or the combination of long and short sightedness. Anything other than long-sightedness in that eye would be good IMO, all the way down to -2.00D myopia if you do have it retreated. I'm (-1.75, -1.25(ish)) and that works okay most of the time. Don't go thinking of plano as the perfect target, it certainly is not. Getting rid of the astigmatism might be a good thing though, assuming is doesn't resolve on its own, though I have heard there can sometimes be benefits even from a small amounts of astigmatism if you do get used to it.
SteveR

Postby armyvet » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:40 am

Hey Griffin, any news? How are you feeling?
armyvet

Postby griffin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:50 pm

although i think my sight is getting a bit better (fluctuating), i still feel as though i cant focus... still have a lingering headache most times... distance vision is alright, but for some reason it seems i dont have the depth perception i used to... i really have to concentrate on things to bring them into focus so i guess thats whats causing the depth issues... not really sure... still keeping a positive attitude, but its all making me tired and worn out...
griffin

Postby armyvet » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:15 am

I know exactly what are you saying when have to concentrate actually thinking on focusing until you get the image clear...I do the same when I switch from indoor/close=up work to outdoor/distance, I have to gaze and concentrate to focus, is a weird sensation, I have to put my mind to it, like telling it- "come on you can do it, let's go, I gotta drive now".
I said earlier in my diary, early mornings takes me at least sometimes few hours just to focus my good eye - they simply are not morning eyes!!!
Keep praying, it will come around. I know the frustration feeling!
armyvet

Postby BAM17 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Hang in there, Griffin. Hopefully we will all improve. I know what you mean about being worn out. That's exactly how I feel. The recovery period is turning out to be a little more than I thought...and it's kind of added to my already demanding life. I just pray that all of this is worth it in the long run.
BAM17

Postby griffin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:32 am

ok so i had a quick question about what light glares look like. We talk about starbursts and halos and glares and such. I see some haze or glare when i look at bright things during the day and around most lights at night, but i dont know whether i should call them halos or just glare. Does a halo actually look like a halo, a doughnut around a bright light, or is it a haze that radiates out from a light source. It may sound strange to ask, but i want to make sure i know what it is im seeing when i tell my doc. Are there any good examples people have come across on the web.?

BTW, the haze or whatever, wasnt there originally after the surgery... its only started appearing about a week ago... probably 5 weeks after... any ideas on why?
griffin

Postby overcorrectedjw » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Griffin,

My experience is somewhat similar. I too was overcorrected (from very nearsighed to slightly farsighted). My initial visits showed that my overcorrection worsened (from about +1.00 to +2.00. I was distressed to say the least. My vision then improved and is now somewhere in the (+0.5 to +0.75 range). I feel that they are still improving. Your eyes naturally regress back toward their starting position. This means that the overcorrection is getting better. I'm a little more than three months out from my surgery. I'm hoping for some more improvement so that I don't need to get any enhancement. This regression process can take up to six months. I'm sure that your vision will continue to improve. Good luck.
overcorrectedjw

Postby griffin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:05 pm

thanks overcorrected... i have a bit of astigmatism left as well.. i think a lot fo problems im havning come from it... we'll see... i have an appointment tomorrow morning to see whats going on...
griffin

Postby griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:01 pm

hey i was just curious about the higher order abberations... i had a wave scan done after the initial treatment at about a month out... this scan showed more higher order abberation roughly 10% than the first scan for my right eye which used to be 3%... how do you read these wave scans so that they make more sense?... and i guess the HOA can be a part of the healing process too? is this difference in HOA significant enough to cause many problems... can enhancement actually treat the HOA specifically?
griffin

Previous

Return to Just Had It