8 days - Hypermetrop diary

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby armyvet » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:45 am

Doing much much better, morning vision great, and less problems with glare. Tomorrow I am going to see the doctor, and I also have to redo my driving licence....I think that even my bad eye is getting better vision that I used to have before surgery. Is coming along....I keep praying that this will stay this way, improvement only until is done. Keep you posted about my visit tomorrow two weeks after!
armyvet

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:15 am

It is great that you are keeping this journal of your progress for all to see. This is so helpful for others.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

TWO WEEKS EXAM

Postby armyvet » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:33 am

Hello everybody
After a day of driving back and forth in Dallas, wonderful town but crazy traffic - I am tired, my eyes hurt but my doc says I look so great she needs to see me after 3 months only.
I have 20/15 in my left and right eye I have a 20/25 (around 0.50) after I had 1.75 with some degree of astigmatism....I am pretty happy with the results, I also renewed my DL with no eye exam since I had a paper from the doctor - I am really happy I can say....besides being tired, my eyes are doing very well after two weeks and I hope they will stay on the "well" path. I wish everybody the same good as I have....
Y'all have a good weekend and God Bless!
armyvet

15 days

Postby armyvet » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 pm

After 15 days I start feeling better about my decision. I see better in artificial light inside and overall I feel better. Keeping drops handy and being tired but I'll see tomorrow morning the night driving how will it be.
Have a good one!
armyvet

okay...."recalibrating"

Postby armyvet » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm

I woke up perfectly fine today, I drove to work in the night just better than before and about like 7 AM it hit me!!! My left eye started feeling again like I am missing some pixels on the screen and feeling adjusting it, and see it for a while blurry in the distance. After couple of hours the sensation is less bothering, vision is getting better, like 99% but I still have that little "ghost" like missing sensation...I'll take some time off and get some rest on my eyes, hopefully it will dissapear....
Can't it just stay good once is good without "recalibrating" vision? Is so annoying!!!
armyvet

Postby armyvet » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:07 pm

You all know the story with the tooth and the dentist...when it is time to go see the doctor everything is fine...after that....is exactly what happened to me now!!!
armyvet

Postby armyvet » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:44 am

Oki....I am doing more stable now, I can actually see the little green dots in the night at the trafiic light -I think that is good right? Night vision good so far, no halos, no more problems I am amazed but daytime takes time to adjust from close to far and inside the lighting kinda kills my vision....
So far so good...as long as is good...we will see....
armyvet

3 WEEKS

Postby armyvet » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:09 am

3 WEEKS post op I am doing fine, the onl;y problem is that my eyes don't tolerate early 5 o clock mornings....and it;s taking them a long while to readjust. other than that, can't complain, no problems with lights in the night, doing pretty good, no significant change. At least I SEE!!!
armyvet

Postby BAM17 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:20 am

Hi Armyvet,
I've been following your chronicles closely....I was exactly 3 weeks post op yesterday. I have good days...and then not so good days. I know what you mean about early mornings. I used to work into the wee hours of the night, and then rise and shine very early. I'm finding that my eyes don't like that so much anymore! When I get up in the morning, I have a couple of hours of a dry, irriating, itchy feeling. I've been using Moderate Genteal....and Tears Naturale. I use the gel at night. Today was a pretty good day...but I couldn't spend much time outside because it was windy, and my eyes dried out really quickly. I'm on Restasis too. What was your pre-op refraction error? Are you seeing 20/20 now in both eyes? I think I may be 20/20 in the right...but definitely not in the left.
BAM17

Postby armyvet » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:10 am

ohhhh...how I hate mornings...grrrr :shock:
I do have adjustment issues from near to far, it takes sometimes up to few minutes to see clear in the distance. Now, in the car I wear Wyleyx sunglasses that don't let air in, tight around the eyes so I can let my air go and also outside is good even when is windy I don't care. I have good days and bad days....my left eye used to be +0.75 now is good I see 20/15 and my right was +1.75 with some degree of astigmastism I don't remember - and now I am probably around +0.50, but I am ok, I don't think I want to go under the knife again.
At least I am getting better with headaches from using my eyes, the thing is working mornings I usually work in dim light so that makes it harder...we will see....
armyvet

Postby armyvet » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:33 pm

I passed a month now, looks like my eyes don't really like showers - I mean the water, they get a little red but after putting a lot of drops it goes on ok. I still keep the type of tears that are preservative free, I am almost scared to change to something else. At least I know that what I use now -Thera Tears- they have a formula in the bottle that in contact with eyes becomes pres.free - it works for me. I like the vials better because they are more oily, but in the day to day I use the bottle cause is more handy. I am going to Dallas for a week so, I'll try to write from there. Have a good week y'all!
armyvet

Postby armyvet » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:34 pm

And I forgot- no changes in vision, just the ocasional focus shifting...
armyvet

Postby BAM17 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Have a good trip, ArmyVet. I asked my eye MD the same thing..."why are my eyes so red when I come out of the shower?" He seemed puzzled by the question, and couldn't answer it. I usually load up on the drops before and after the shower, and it usually works itself out. I've kind of changed around my whole personal hygiene regimine around my eyes. I wash my face in the sink.....because I'm afraid to put my eyes under the stream of water from the shower. Then I get in and take a shower backwards! I guess I'll adjust to it! Weird!
BAM17

Postby armyvet » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Oh yeah I changed a lot I am so aware of NOT to rub my eyes or put my fingers in...I still sleep at night with some soft shades/glasses on! And I wash my eyes normally now separate...I actually tried this morning putting drops before going into the shower so it was better. But my vision today was bad for the few hours of the morning....still adjusting I guess!!! I put a load of drops and is better now.
armyvet

12 WEEKS POST OP

Postby armyvet » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:13 am

I haven't been here in a while....I am 12 weeks post op....
I am using my drops very little, my eyes still red when I get out of the shower and 5o'clocks don't go with my left good eye - he keeps seeing blurry for a while. Other than that, I've been doing good, without major changes, I guess I got used to adjusting constantly. If I get too tired it starts bothering me.
I have an appt on the 26th this month, I'll see how that goes.
armyvet

Previous

Return to Just Had It