10 days post/vision clarity

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

10 days post/vision clarity

Postby clairebear » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:56 pm

I'm 10 days post op AND have many issues similar to those posting here and am trying to work through them...
The question I have and have not seen addressed is.....does anyone notice that after a quick nap, full night sleep etc, their vision is clearer for a brief peroid?
clairebear

Postby BabsCline » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:19 pm

I have noticed the same thing. In the morning my vision seems fantastic (each day getting better), but as the day wears on it deteriates some. This was the same for me with contact lenses too so I'm not too alarmed. Each day is better.
BabsCline

Postby slider9499 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:56 pm

I am the exact opposite. My vision is worse in the morning and slowly, VERY Slowly gets slightly better by 9-10pm.

My PRK was done on March 27 and I still am unable to read a newspaper, magazine, etc. About 3-4 days post-op I was able to, then it got worse.

About 9 days post-op I had a tremendous pain in the eye that was operated on, much like the pain I experienced when I had my original lasik done back in Feb. 2004. The pain went away the next day. But as of right now, I only see clearly after I put REFESH drops in my eye and that only lasts for 20-30 seconds. Then my vision goes back to what it was before the drops, as if I am looking through a car windshield that has not been defrosted
slider9499

Postby 6502programmer » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:17 pm

slider9499 wrote:About 9 days post-op I had a tremendous pain in the eye that was operated on, much like the pain I experienced when I had my original lasik done back in Feb. 2004.

I didn't realize you had pain.. THAT could be something VERY different. Twice (once in each eye) during my healing from PRK, I had epithelial tears. The first time, I had no idea what was going on. Friday night, out and dancing, I started feeling a little pain in my eye. The next day, it continued getting worse, and I thought I saw a small crevice on the surface. By the time I was driven to the doctor, it was HORRIBLE pain that was alleviated only by the numbing drops. I had a bandage contact put in after confirming the tear, changed it two days later, and took it out three days after that. After the contact went in, I didn't feel it again.

I had another one on the other eye about a week later, treated by myself with a bandage contact for four days. AIUI, this is not uncommon. Adhesions on the lid, random stuff that gets in the eye, etc, can all cause a tear in the epithelium. Fortunately for me, it was not in the visual field, so I didn't have any vision problems as a result. After the second one, I was started on Muro128, and this seemed to prevent any further problems.
6502programmer

Postby slider9499 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:35 pm

no more pain, only that one day

I am pain free
slider9499

Postby The Muse » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:59 pm

I have noticed that my vision is remarkably worse when I'm tired. Last week, I had to fly to Europe for work, which cost me a night's sleep. My vision was very blurry all week. Today, I'm well rested and my vision is the clearest it's been before or after LASIK.
The Muse

Return to Just Had It