Night Halos

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Night Halos

Postby texano1957 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:24 pm

I had Lasik performed a week ago. I had my right eye done for distance, left for reading. I am having problems with halos, especially when I am driving or go into a supermarket.
Last night was the first time I have driven at night and found the only way to drive was to close my left eye. With one eye closed, the halos are acceptable (obviously my left eye is not suitable for driving) and I wonder if it is too soon to judge the results or is this what I am stuck with.
I work in outside sales and this issue is going to be a real handicap because I often have to travel overnight and cannot avoid driving at night

I had a check up two days after surgery and they seemed pleased with my eyes. I mentioned that I had some fluctuation in vision, they said that was normal but I had not yet driven at night and had not really been outside at night since the surgery.

I am pretty concerned and would appreciate some feedback.
texano1957

Postby The Muse » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:08 pm

A week is nothing in terms of healing time. I think it's definitely too early to tell anything.

I'm almost 4 weeks post-op and just a week ago, I was very concerned about the quality of vision in my left eye, this week, it's perfectly clear and sharp.

Do you have large pupils? I think that's the biggest risk factor fo glare and halos, but as long as the lasered area isn't bigger than your dilated pupil size, it should resolve.

I had to sign a waiver for large pupils, but haven't had an issue with this beyond about 2 weeks post-op.

My point in all of this is, be patient and try not to stress. There's a very good chance it will resolve in time.

HTH
The Muse

Thanks

Postby texano1957 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks for responding, regarding large pupils, I don't know the surgeon did not say anything about that and I was not asked to sign a waiver for large pupils.
I am sure it is early days yet as you say but I admit I am worried because if things don't work out I will be forced to give up my job.

I also have some fluctuation in vision quality and at times I struggle to adjust to the different eye focus and other times it does not bother me.

I will have to wait and see.
I'll put up another post in a week to let you know how I am doing.

Thanks again.
texano1957

Return to Just Had It