Dry Eye question

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Dry Eye question

Postby xtracrispy69 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:10 am

Three weeks post op intralase. How do you know if you have dry eyes? I put the tears in and don't really feel a difference. But I never feel I need them. I maintain the 4x daily, never had 20/20 before so by the machine I'm on target...wouldn't mind the 20/25 I keep hearing about!
xtracrispy69

Postby xtracrispy69 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:17 am

any help here folks?
xtracrispy69

Postby griffin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:45 am

even though you cant feel your eyes being dry, its a good idea to put the lubricating drops in every couple of hours... remember, your nerves on the flap have been cut, you cant feel how dry the flap is... hydrate, hydrate, hydrate...
griffin

Postby purpleGORILLA » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:11 pm

Dry eyes = when you blink you feel a burning sensation on your eyelids.
purpleGORILLA

drops drops drops!

Postby catnmus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 pm

Keep using the drops! My instruction sheet from the eye surgeon said drops every 1-2 hours for 2 months - at least. I like the Systane drops because they are medium weight and lightly coat my eye. As opposed to Tears Free Naturale and Refresh Plus, which are much thinner and feel more like an eye rinse - good for first thing in the morning, but not long-lasting enough to stare at a computer all day with. I've also used Refresh Celluvisc at night time before - but it's much thicker and any that doesn't stay in my eye gets all crusty - not attractive or comfortable.

I'm currently using a nighttime gel because I developed a dry spot on the first eye I had done - possibly because my eye did not feel dry and I probably did not lubricate enough in the beginning! So keep using the drops. My optometrist says you can't use too much.
catnmus

Postby xtracrispy69 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:05 am

interesting, my doc said 4-6x times as needed. never get burning or irritation in my eyes....does dry eye do any damage? I'm keeping about 6x per day dropped with natural tears....no preservaties
xtracrispy69

Return to Just Had It