Just had Intralase with Allegretto Wave done

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just had Intralase with Allegretto Wave done

Postby purpleGORILLA » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:12 pm

I just can't express the joy of being glasses or contacts free. I just had it done on Feb 1, 2008. Now my vision is 20/20 in both eyes. Before my eyes were -6 diopter on both eyes with slight astigmatism on left but not bad enough where I am required to wear hard contacts. My HOA is very low with .08 on right and .1 on left. I have been wearing soft contacts for 20 yrs.

The next day, I was able to go back to work and drive. I am having halos and glare at night but gradually getting better. Still on Prednisolone and Xymax. Eyes are a little dry if I am on the computer a lot. Overall, I still can't believe I have put it off for so long. I was contemplating of lasik for the past 10 yrs. Finally with this site and several other sites, I was more informed.
purpleGORILLA

Postby Chow Yun Fat » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Good for you! It's alright that you put it off because the Allegretto is fairly new in the states. It's better now than it is 10 years ago.
Chow Yun Fat

Postby purpleGORILLA » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:53 am

Yeah, I guess you can look at it that way. But then you can always look at if I wait another 10 yrs, the technology would be even better than today... :lol:

Anyways, I am almost on my 2nd week of lasik. Everything is getting almost back to normal. Night vision is about 95-98% of what it was before the surgery. Not too much halo, if there aren't I can't really tell the different.

However I am waking up with dry eyes. The first thing I do when I get up is drop couple of eye drops in each eyes otherwise it would feel burning.
purpleGORILLA

Postby purpleGORILLA » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Just an update on my lasik. It has been almost 3 months post op. I am still having dry eyes. But yesterday was the first time I woke up in the morning without immediately grabbing for my eye drops. I usually would leave couple of tubes near the nightstand. Throughout the day, I don't have too much of problem. If I get bored and think about my eyes, then I would put couple of drops into each eyes. If not, I can go on the whole day without.

As for my vision, it hasn't fluctuate since the day of operation. I still get a little glare at nite..But only in really dimly lit enviroment. I have a reef tank and would occasionally go down during the night to check on the fish. Yeah, its a weird hobby obsession.
purpleGORILLA

Morning Dry Eyes

Postby ptmccain » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Gorilla, has your MD suggested that you put in Genteal PM ointment in both eyes before you go to bed? That's made a big difference for me. That, with Restasis, and I do not put in any eye drops anymore during the day, and I'm about six weeks out from my procedure.
ptmccain

Postby purpleGORILLA » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:18 pm

I haven't been back to him since the 1 week post op. Is the Genteal PM ointment a prescription drug? IF so I will inquire him about if. If it is over the counter, I can check at local drugstore.
purpleGORILLA

Genteal

Postby catnmus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:15 pm

I am using the Genteal GEL, the severe dry eye treatment that is "preservative-free on contact". This is not prescription. My optometrist (co-managing my epi-lasik) said that this would be better than ointments with preservatives. But if you can't find it or can't tolerate it, anything is better than "nothing" -don't just let it stay dry.

I've only used the Genteal gel one night (and a couple times during the day) and so far, I LOVE it. Takes a few minutes to distribute the goo, but it's worth it. Refresh Celluvisc is thinner, but it caused a LOT of crustiness for me (but I know people that loved that, too - go figure).
catnmus

Postby purpleGORILLA » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Sweet...Gonna go find some today to try out.
purpleGORILLA

Check wiith your doctor first

Postby catnmus » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 pm

You should check with your doctor first... to see if there's been enough time since your surgery that you can use something that has preservatives in it... Plus it's a gel, so, if you had standard Lasik and a flap and all that, your doc might advise you to wait longer before using a thick gel. (I had epi-lasik - no flap.... so the preservative is what my doc was concerned about)
catnmus

Return to Just Had It