70 hours Post Op

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

70 hours Post Op

Postby ohredwood » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi all, first post here, allthough I have found and been reading this forum now for about a month.

My prescription was not terribly bad but have been wearing glasses for 20 years now and tired of it.
Prescription was 20/70 or nearsighted
Right SPH CYL AXIS
-1.oo -0.25 092

Left -1.25 -0.25 092

Was told that monovision would be an excellent choice for my prescription, especially since I'm 38 and close to the age of cheaters needed soon. My closeup vision has always been great and in fact I usually take my glasses off when I need to do something close up, another reason they said monovision would be a good choice for me.

So, 70 hours ago, I had my Right eye custom Lasik, with Intralase, on a Ladarvision system. Left eye was left with current vision in place.
The doctor said the procedure was very well, went home and napped for a couple of hours, been doing the drops on schedule. Right now my right eye is very red on the white part of the eye from the inside corner to the top of the eye. Not quite as bad as yesterday but very red, I'm guessing that is from the suction ring. My wife had this done about 9 years ago and she doesn't remember her eye being this red, so hopefully this will be going away.
At 24 post op, doctor said all looked good, but there was inflamation and redness which he said was normal.

My vision, the last two days, felt like an eyelash in my eye, and today not really the eye lash feeling so that's getting better. My vision is kind of hard to explain, looking at this computer screen is kind of hard, slightly blurry, if I close my right eye it sharpens up. My distance vision is much better, if I close my right eye, then slightly hazy, of course left eye didn't have surgery, but if I close my left eye then crisper except for lighted objects, have kind of a haze around them.

I'm guessing now I'm starting the monovision brain game, to see if brain will cooperate with new vision. Of course I know it's very early since surgery but just wanted to start posting so I don't forget the details along the way.
Does the redness sound okay to you guys? I go back in wednesday for next checkup.
ohredwood

5 days post op

Postby ohredwood » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:43 am

Well just had my week checkup (5 days actually) and monovision corrected eye was 20/15 for distance and actually 20/20 up close but that was really focusing there on the closeup part. Overall, the distance is coming in real nice but even though close up is there it's :) a touch hazey, I suppose part of that is the healing of the eye, dryeness and the brain distinguishing the new eye sight.
Said flap was healing very nicely, no problems at all, besides the whites of the eye still partially red, but they said that will go away in a couple of weeks and it was from the suction of the machine, which causes a little bruising of the eye.
ohredwood

Return to Just Had It