Lasik Enhancement with problems

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Lasik Enhancement with problems

Postby JLilley » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi, I has lasik about 6 years ago. I was near sighted. My vision was corrected to about 20/30 in my left and my right was about 20/50. It was ok but I needed to wear glasses because of my right eye. I figured if I could get my right eye a little better I wouldn't need glasses. This is what happened. I went to a surgeon he said he could make it better. My flap hadn't been lifted for 6 years. He said he thinks he could lift it. Needless to say he had problems. I heard him say to the other people in the room that is not the flap. I guess he had lifted the first layer up. So he continued to try and lift my flap. He finally got it up. He did the correction. My vision was so bad and my eye was so sore afterwards I was miserable for days to weeks. At my monthly check up my vision was getting worse. He had told me I needed to have the flap relifted and cleaned out. I asked him if it was cell growth and he said no. . It was like an oily substance. So he cleaned it all out and it took a while. This was on 4/25. He put a contact over it until I go back. I go tomorrow 4/28. My vision is still blurry. I'm hoping it is still healing. This procedure was very painful afterwards. I had to take pain pills and stay in bed the rest of the day and most of the next day. Please let me know if anyone else had any experience like this or has any ray of hope for a good turnout. Thanks!! JL
JLilley

Return to Just Had It