ICL (IOL) done before or after grad program

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

ICL (IOL) done before or after grad program

Postby sonrisasbonitas » Sun May 04, 2008 10:49 am

It's May 4th. My intense grad program starts on June 20th.
I am thinking about getting ICL (IOL) and have been off of glasses since March. (The lasik surgeon won't let me get lasik done).

1) Do I have enough time to get the ICL done before June 20th?

2) Should I wait until after I'm done with the grad program since it requires many intense study/reading hours?--(the grad prog. lasts one and a half years). Do you think the grad prog. may make my eyes worse? I am 33 years old and my eyes are pretty stable, but it could happen, right?
sonrisasbonitas

Postby beingbobbyorr » Mon May 05, 2008 7:52 am

I'm 47, and on the computer/reading 12 hours a day for work & 'independent study', none of which has degraded my vision (been stable for 8+ years .... but my vision did change a lot well into my late 30's).

I believe your eyes get worse as a function of their genetic program, not "reading too much".
beingbobbyorr

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Do the grad work now, consider vision correction surgery later.

The Visian ICL (Implantable Collamer Lens) is a phakic intraocular lens, which is placed inside the eye. This is real surgery with all the relevant limitations and concerns. Since you are seeking vision correction surgery for the purpose of reducing your need for corrective lenses, it seems prudent to postpone that convenience until after you have completed this pending and intensive grad work.

Work now, convenience later.

Best of luck on your studies. Let us know how you do.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It