Question about sun glasses

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Question about sun glasses

Postby arya6000 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:43 pm

Hello

I had PRK and the doctor told me to wear my sunglasses 6 months to 1 year, I'm not in the same state as I got my PRK and those sun glasses broke, I purchased another one that claimes to be 100% UV blocking but its not as dark. Does being dark make any diffrence on keeping eyes safe from sun rays? Is UV blocking all that I need?

Thank You
arya6000

Postby LasikExpert » Tue May 27, 2008 6:12 pm

What is most beneficial is 100% UVA and UVB light blocking sun glasses. The darkness of the glass is for your preference.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Remander » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:32 am

I had Lasik and had quite a bit of light sensitivity for several months. Even at a year+ out, I think I am a bit more sensitive than most folks.

I bought at pair of Maui Jim sunglasses that cost $238 (I thought Lasik ended expensive glasses purchases!), and I love them. I think mine are the Lahaina model.

They don't make things too dark, but they cut out the glare and brightness, and they are very light. I am VERY happy I chose them, after trying all the major brands and having price as no object. I wanted the best I could find.

Here is a link to my experience: http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert ... .php?t=820

Good Luck!
Remander

Return to Had It A While Ago