Eye Drops

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Eye Drops

Postby n4packers » Thu May 08, 2008 9:10 pm

I just had my LASIK on Tuesday and all is well except for the dryness. It's not too bad, but I'd like to use some artificial tears to help. Currently I'm taking Restasis twice a day along w/ the antibiotic and I think a steroid, each 4x a day. My dr. okayed an OTC artificial tear. We have some aquify comfort drops. I know they're intended for contact wearers, but wondered if this was something ok to use. Anyone know?
n4packers

Be sure it's preservative free!

Postby catnmus » Fri May 09, 2008 9:40 pm

I think the only restriction is really that it be preservative free (and not preservative-free-on-contact, until/unless the others don't help). They come in packages of little single-use vials.

I've tried a few of them. There's not a lot of overlap as far as ingredients - each brand seems to be totally different. Systane is probably my favorite "general purpose" one. Refresh Plus and Tears Free Naturale are both a bit thinner. Refresh Celluvisc is goopy and is okay for nighttime, though it will leave crusties that I have to wash off.
catnmus

Postby n4packers » Sat May 10, 2008 12:09 am

Thanks for the response. I think I'll have to pass on the Aquify then. It is not single use and does contain a preservative.
n4packers

Return to Just Had It