Nearsighted and Farsighted

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Nearsighted and Farsighted

Postby leannreynolds » Tue May 20, 2008 3:35 am

I am nearsighted in one eye, and farsighted in the other (grrreat..lol). How can this operation be beneficial. I also have astigmatism. I have heard I have to choose one or the other. I am not sure why they can't just do one procedure on one eye, and then a separate procedure on the other..don't you pay per eye?..I am having doubts because if i have the procedure done, i will still have to wear glasses, which is what i am trying to avoid..can anyone offer any suggestions?

thanks
leannreynolds

Postby LasikExpert » Thu May 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Each eye is treated individually. Hyperopic (farsighted, longsighted) treatment would be provided to your hyperopic eye, and myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) treatment would be for your myopic eye.

Astigmatism means that your cornea is not spherical like the top of a ball, but is elliptical like the back of a spoon. Astigmatism is commonly treated at the same time as myopia or hyperopia.

It is possible that you would be able to have vision without glasses, however only after a comprehensive examination from a competent doctor would you know that probability.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It