PRK 2 weeks ago

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK 2 weeks ago

Postby nschweda » Fri May 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Original prescription: Right eye -4.25 -7.50 X005, Left eye -7.25 -6.00 X165

I had AK done in January to correct some of my astigmatism. May 8th, I had PRK done. My right eye is now 20/25 but I was just told that my left eye is now farsighted. I can still see fairly well in my left eye but definitely not as well as in my right eye. I was told to decrease my steroid eye drops to 1x a day in my left. My eye doctor was not sure if I was overcorrected or if it is regressing yet. Is this normal and is reducing the steroid eye drops a typical treatment plan?
nschweda

Postby LasikExpert » Sat May 24, 2008 6:12 am

You had a huge amount of astigmatism and I suspect that even after the Astigmatic Keratotomy (AK) it was sill quite high. You should expect some fluctuations in your vision for a few days/weeks.

You will really need to be patient and wait for things to settle down before you will know if you will have hyperopia. You may want to try a pair of drugstore reading glasses (start with the lowest number) to see if that helps get you by while you heal.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It