just had all laser lasik todaY

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

just had all laser lasik todaY

Postby chrissy » Sat May 24, 2008 1:29 am

jUST HAD LASIK WITH INTRALASE AND ALEGRETTO LASER THIS MORNING. contact script pre: right eye: -7.00 -1.75 left eye: -6.00 -1.5
corneas were 550, pupil was 7
before the procedure I did ask about the possibility of regression b/c of my myopia, and did this MD overcorrect due to this. He said he does not, and expects the possibility for the need for an enhancement to be ~6-7%, wheras his overalll enhancement rate with the intralase and lasik is only 1%. He did say that with my pupils being 7, that I would be more prone to glares at night (which I see with contacts and glasses anyway) this md has himself had lasik, has larger pupils and also sees glares at night. he said for him, it does not impact his quality of vision at all.

needless to say, I had a x*nax and nue*ontin pre op, shields on my eyes the ride home, and took an a*bien and slept for about 5 hours, Now, I have the feeling like I have really old contacts in my eyes that need to be changed. Not really horribly dry eyes, but just like theres something in them. I have no pain. My vision is definitely blurry. I can definitely see, but like to read the computer right now is quite fuzzy. I guess a good analogy is that I feel like the only glasses I could find was an old prescription and everything is just a little fuzzy. I am doing the prednisone drops and abx drops every 2 hours today and tomorrow, then 4x a day for 2 weeks. I have my follow up with the surgeon tomorrow morning.

I am assuming the blurriness is to be expected and is due to inflammation???? Please tell me i am not permanently blurry eyed....
chrissy

Postby 3lix0r » Sat May 24, 2008 5:46 am

Hi Chrissy,

This is what I was seeing as well for the first week after my surgery.
While you are on the drops according to my optomitrist your vision will slowly get better. Once you are off the drop your vision will dramatically improve.

It's been 2 weeks for me today (Friday). I got off my drops 1 week after (last Friday) and it is still a little blurry but it is not that bad right now.
My doctor told me based on my prescription and the custom lasik that i got it will be about 4 weeks until I will "get my money's worth"

Good luck and for the first 10 days if the computer is blurry don't fret, it will get better.

Cheers
3lix0r

Postby LasikExpert » Sat May 24, 2008 6:09 am

It is not likely that the vision you have today is the vision you will have when your eyes have healed. Lasik is more of a six-month process than a 20-Minute Miracle. Expect fluctuations. Use all those meds exactly as your doctor prescribed. If you use the computer, read, or watch TV, be sure to blink often and every now and then (commercials?) close your eyes to let them rest and get extra moisture.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

update

Postby chrissy » Sun May 25, 2008 6:09 pm

So here is an update on me: Day 1 after Lasik, vision left eye 20/20, right eye 20/30. Doctor told me that the key to me having the best odds of not needing enhancement surgery is to be really vigilant about using the steroid and abx drops the next 2 weeks as prescribed, and after that to use artificial tears at least 2 a day even if I don't feel like I need them, as this will help to routinely flush out and white blood cells and lysosymes that may accumulate in the eye, making it more prone I guess to regressing it's shape. He expects my right eye to gain acuity still as it heals, reduces inflammation.
Currently this morning my vision is crisp and clear, I think my right eye is maybe a little crisper than yesterday, left eye still seeing very well. No pain, no problems looking at this computer screen.
However last night about 2 hours or so before I went to bed, pretty dry eyes. Felt like "I wanted to take my contacts out" feeling. Just kept doing the drops every 2 hours. Much better today. Definite haze around the TV last night in a semi dim room. I think I did too much yesterday though, being the first day post op. Because I could see, I decided to go shopping, and feel like I really needed to rest my eyes more. Slept in today, and laid in bed an hour or so longer just keeping my eyes shut.
All in all, we'll see how today goes. Still quite strange being able to see in the morning!!!
chrissy

Postby Rocksville » Tue May 27, 2008 6:59 pm

sounds about right. for the first 24-36 hours I felt like I had dry contacts in my eyes. I'm about 6 weeks post op now and for the most part my eyes feel fine. They are very dry in the morning but that has become slightly better. Maybe I'm just getting used to it though.

I deffinately have cut down on the eye drops that I use. I probably only put them in 4 times a day now and most of the time it's just because I'm told I should.

Good luck with your new vision
Rocksville

Just got it done

Postby manman33 » Tue May 27, 2008 10:16 pm

Hey, my mom just got it done an 1hr ago. Its crazy that she doesn’t need to wear glasses anymore, she had her eye surgery in [redacted] here's the site [redacted] by Dr. [redacted] one of the leading eye surgeon in the World today. Anyway the price shouldn’t be your major determining factor when choosing a surgeon. The least expensive surgeon is not always the best choice – you want to find a surgeon who provides you with the best overall value. Ideally, you want a surgeon who not only has the finest technology, but also a wealth of experience, a dedicated staff, all at a great price. Based on my mom's experienced in [redacted], patients are cared for by experienced surgeons, who use some of the most advanced laser technologies in the industry, and ensures that all patients receive a fair, affordable price for their procedures. This all started because [redacted] had FREE eye exams that they were offering... check it out.. [redacted]

Note: Doctor and clinic names with outside links were removed.
manman33

Return to Just Had It