One Week Post Lasik with Questions

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

One Week Post Lasik with Questions

Postby hnj22 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been reading posts like a crazy woman for the last two days. I had lasik one week ago on 5/27. My next follow up is in two days on Friday June 6th.

The day of surgery I didn't have any troubles and at one day post op, I had 20/15 vision. I had punctal plugs put in and have been using restasis as part of a dry eye program. I didn't have dry eye prior to surgery, it was just highly recommended by my doc to help with post lasik dry eye.

My surgery was on a Tuesday and I took the rest of the week off as I had time off that I needed to use. I did not have any trouble except for dryness while I was recovering. Since my post op I use my Refresh Drops at least every 30 minutes as directed by my doctor. I used my Pred-Forte and Zymar 4x a day for a week and my last dosage of those was Monday.

I came back to work on Monday and after a few hours of staring at my computer under the floursecent lighting, my right eye got slightly blurry. When I go home for lunch or home for the day it gets better and I start the day out fine.

This is the 3rd day of this slight blurriness in only my right eye. I use my refresh drops at work every 15-30 minutes. I can still see close and far away and overall my vision is fairly crisp. It is just annoyingly slightly blurry in that right eye.

I know I am only 1 week out and will experience flucuations for months to come but I wanted to double check this sounds normal. I will of course tell my doc everything at my appt to be safe.

Thank you in advance and I am so thankful to have found this site!

Heather
hnj22

Postby Rocksville » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:33 pm

I notice slight changes in vision quality. Usually in low light, but in other situations sometimes. Seems to be related to the lubrication in my eye, but who knows.

Regardless, nothing you said sounds like anything I'd be worried about. Talk to your doc when you go in just to ease your mind.
Rocksville

Update....

Postby hnj22 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Update....

Yesterday after I posted I decided to shut my light off in my office, which is fluorescent, and just use the natural light from my windows. The blurriness in my right eye got better then last night when I got home my vision was amazing! It was very crisp with no blurriness and my eyes were not nearly as tired as they had been earlier this week with leaving my light on at work and using the computer. Maybe during this healing period, my eyes can't really handle both the lighting and the computer for 8-10 hours per day.

I do have my one week follow up tomorrow and will just tell the doctor what I discovered!

Thanks,
Heather
hnj22

Postby mh » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:00 am

When my eyes feel tired, I rub my palms together and put them gently over my closed eyes with my elbows on the table. Count to 20 slowly. Eyes yoga. :)
mh

Back from Dr. Appt....

Postby hnj22 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:18 am

Eye Yoga, I like it!

I am back from my one week post op. Everything looks great and I still have the 20/15 vision. My eyes are doing great now that I don't use the light at work. My tech told me that it is not uncommon to have issues with fluorsecent lighting after surgery. So all is well!

Thanks for the replies!

Heather
hnj22

Return to Just Had It