curious about pricing

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

curious about pricing

Postby salieeee » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:58 am

I was hoping people could share what procedure they had and approx. how much it cost. in the area they live in. I was just curious as to the pricing differences although i know it's based on your level of myopia etc. I'm asking mostly about intralase with custom wavefront guided lasik which is what i underwent. Thanks for any information shared.
salieeee

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:12 pm

We have an article about the cost of Lasik that my be interesting.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby salieeee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:26 am

I did read that article but was hoping for more specific information if people don't mind sharing. thanks. I just wanted to compare the amount I spent for the same procedure. Of course I did it in a foreign country but I still paid quite a bit since it was intralase so I was just curious. thanks again.
salieeee

Postby mh » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:24 am

I did SuperLASIK VISX Customvue all laser for both eyes. Lifetime retreatment. Follow up care 24 months. Cost for both eyes USD 3,000 approximately. Follow up care may not mean much if you live elsewhere i.e, if you are unable to go back to the center for follow ups. Follow ups at other doctors/optometrists have to be paid out of own pocket. Whenever, the surgeon comes here for his business trip, I can go see him for free. I live elsewhere, I pay my own flight tickets, etc but the center paid for one night accomodation in a 4-star hotel walking distance to the center.

I heard there are other places costing less but I trusted this center better because the surgeon is well known in this region. I find the service pre-op and during op excellent. Surgeon very assuring during the treatment. No complaints except time queuing up to do the pre-op eye tests and examination. I was a patient patient but my other half fidgetted after 3 hours waiting for me ... Anyway it all went well.
mh

Postby hnj22 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:25 am

I live on the West Coast in Oregon. I live in a small town so I travel about 90 miles to the surgeon. My cost was $4250. This includes all pre-surgical office visits, procedure, all post op office visits for one year and a lifetime enhancement plan. The enhancement plan includes free enhancements for the first year and $350 per eye thereafter for a lifetime. I also opted to do the dry eye therapy which included punctal plugs, TheraTears (supplement for dry eye) and Restatis.

I was blessed enough to be approved for an 18 month interest free financing program which helped me finally take the plunge after 2 years of research into the procedure and doctor.

I am 10 days post op and LOVING my new vision!
hnj22

Postby Tempted » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:55 am

Last edited by Tempted on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tempted

Postby salieeee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm in India and decided to get intralase surgery done with a well known doctor. I don't suggest this for people who aren't planning on staying in the foreign country at least 6 months to see how the vision stabilizes but I paid around $2,550. My perscription was -7.75 and -6.50. thought i would share since I was asking that of everyone else. That all laser lasik for $3000 sounded like a great deal to me, do you mind me asking what part of the country that was in? thanks again.
salieeee

Postby mh » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:45 am

Hi Saliee! The center is in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. If you want to know the name of the surgeon and the center, please PM me since I cannot mention any name here. There are several centers offering eye refractive surgery over there or at any place I guess. So please choose very carefully. Have a nice day!
mh

thanks

Postby salieeee » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:52 pm

Thanks for the reply mh. I already had the surgery and am at 1 week post op and recovering well. Thanks for all the feedback guys. :D
salieeee

Postby BAM17 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi,
I live in the U.S. in New England, about 30 miles north of Boston. I paid $2250 per eye, which includes 12 months of post-op care, and any enhancements. I chose a smaller eye center, rather than a big chain. My surgeon did all of pre-op eval visits, the surgery itself, and does all of the follow-up visits. He is very accessible, and if I am having any problems, he sees me immediately. He calls me back the same day, if I have any questions. Although my surgeon is younger, and not as experienced as others in his practice, he did a special fellowship in refractive surgery at a prestigious eye institute. I also think that he is more conservative because he is in the early years of his career(has done > 500 surgeries though). He does all inclusive eye care, including cataract surgery, so Lasik/PRK is not his only income. My script was -7 x -.50 in the left and -6.5 x -.50 in the right. He doesn't use intralase though....and when I asked him why, he said if the measurements are too close, he would rather do PRK instead of a thin flap. I chose this center because I don't see a lot of different doctors...I just see him. He knows my eyes best....and I feel that he genuinely wants the best possible outcome for me. He's very patient, kind, and I'm very happy with my care. Hope this helps others to find the right surgeon for themselves.
BAM17

Return to Just Had It