My Update

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

My Update

Postby aspenice » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around lately due to travels and wanted to get back to the board. Before, I left a few months ago, someone here asked me how I was doing. I forget who it was and which post it was. I couldn't find the post.

I have been on restasis for about 2 months and it has really helped. I notice the area I live in isn't good for my dry eye. When I was away in Europe my eyes were much better. Still, the drops are doing fine and I will be off them in about a month, I think.

My vision still isn't what I want and I think that I will have the enhancement surgery but I am in no rush. I have 5 years to do the enhancement b/c I paid for the option. Who knows, maybe technology will come up with something better. I would also get my enhancement done when the weather is cooler and there aren't so many allergies.

I got my surgery in May of 2007 and I still have issues like starbursts and halos and dry eye but it isn't as bad as it use to be. I can see pretty well. I also got over the fear of rubbing my eyes or having something go into it. I still don't rub my eye and am careful.

I think I had these problems before I had the surgery but never really took notice of them. I really think I looked for things to be wrong when realy, I had these issues before but on a smaller scale. What is done is done and I have to move on. I do have a pair of glasses that help me so much and that is why I am thinking I may go ahead with the enhancement surgery.

I still love being out of glasses and contacts. I will keep in touch about my progress. Please keep your heads and spirits up and stay positive.

All the Best,
Aspen
aspenice

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:53 pm

Thanks for the update. Yes, we become very "vision aware" after surgery and notice all sorts of things that may have been there before, but we didn't pay so much attention.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago