Custom PRK/Lasek Log

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Custom PRK/Lasek Log

Postby accordingly » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:19 am

I originally scheduled LASIK but after months of research I went the surface procedure route. My doctor did not have the tool for Epi-LASIK in his local office so i went in for LASEK. Although I had the LASEK scheduled my dr said he hasnt seen much difference in replacing the epithelium so he did not replace it which it then become essentially a PRK. I had one eye done at a time as my Dr recommended it to avoid a week or two of down time. I had Custom Wavefront LASEK done on my left eye 5/25/08. My Dr has me goto the optomitrist about 1 or 2x a week for the last 2months so ive been able to track my progress pretty well. My perscription pre-Op was -1.50 in both eye no astigmastism, with my right eye always being a little bit better as my dominant eye.

Day1: Left eye - The day of the surgery everything went well. took the valium and numbing drops and couldnt even feel a thing. Just pressure when they pressed on my eye. After it was done I went to another office where another Dr checked my eye. All was well so my driver took me home. No major pain or discomfort this day. Took pain medication they gave me and pretty much slept the rest of the day.

Day2: Went to the Dr the day after and my vision was good, almost 20/20 already! I had some minor discomfort but nothing major. I did have one incident where i rubbed my eyelid forgetting i had surgery and it moved the bandage contact and this cause some pain.

Day 3: Last day of any discomfort. Felt pretty normally so I tried to use the computer. Very blurry, but since I only had one eye done, my right eye was normal and I was able to manage

Day 4: Went back to work, I used a corrective contact in my right eye to drive around since my left eye was kinda blurry. No more pain at all.

End of Week 1: Went back to Dr to check vision. It was around 20/30 and Computer screen still blurry.

Week 2: Dr removed the bandage contact and I could feel my eye start to heal faster. Vision a little blurry after he removed it. I think 20/30 still. Major dry eye when I wake up in the morning. To the point where my eye lid feels like its stuck to my eye and it hurts to open. Have to used drops right away. But once the first drop of the day is in, no dry eye issues although I use them frequently to promote healing.

Week 3: Eye still healing. Still have morning dry eye. I did alot of comparision with my Left eye (PRK) to the one that was unoperated and wearing a corrective contact lense and I noticed a big diff. The left wasnt as sharp and I have the nightime halos/starburts etc. It was very interesting to stare at a sign and cover my right and then left eye and see the difference. Went into the Dr again but he did not measure my vision, only check my eye under the microscope.

Week 4: Went back for PRK in my right eye. I went in for the same LASEK procedure. Seem to go smoothly. Just slept the day off again. Went to the Dr the next day again and they did the chart test on my left and right eye. I noticed my left wasnt 20/20 anymore. I think it was 20/25, and my right was completely blurry to where I couldnt see anything but the huge letters. This was kinda wierd since the day after surgery my left I was seeing very well. This kinda worried me, but I just rested.

Week 5: went to Dr again and they removed the contact bandage in my right eye and check it out. Looked good and my vision in my right was better than the week before. It was about 20/30 or 40? They didnt measure my left.

Week 6: Healing went great and my right eye seamed to heal really quick. Actually it seemed as if it was getting better than my left which was now 6 weeks post op while the right was only 2weeks. I didnt goto the Dr this week since I was busy, but comparing the right to the left. My right seemed better during the day and at night it was alot better...hmm

Week 7: Present day. Went to the Dr this morning and I confirmed my suspicions. My left eye had regressed and I couldnt see the same 20/20 or 25 lines that I could read a month back :/ My Dr said my left is about -.75/1.00 and my right has no perscription. Right eye is great and I hope it stays the same. I'll have to wait it out and see what see what happens.

Currently computer vision is great and I have no issue with either eye. Nightime vision is great in the right eye with minimal halos or double vision, but the left isnt as sharp and has moderate double vision or halos :/

I will use this space to update after my weekly Dr visit or answer any questions...thanks!
accordingly

Postby accordingly » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Week 8: Went to the Dr today. Vision is still the same. 20/20 with no prescription in the right and -1.00 in the left. The Surgeon has placed me on a stronger steriod on the left eye, pred forte. I have to take it for 3 weeks every hour that im awake :shock:

Despite the regression in my left eye i can still see great during the day and 'good enough' at night to get by.
accordingly

Return to Just Had It