6 Month Post Op - No More Ghosts!

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

6 Month Post Op - No More Ghosts!

Postby Blindbat2007 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:45 pm

My ghosting has finally subsided and I have very good vision. I was -4.00 in the right eye and -4.25 in the left.
I had Customvue LASEK done on December 6, 2007. I was complaining a lot about ghosting at night. Well, I'm here to say it has cleared up finally!

I am seeing 20/15 out of each eye. I have dry eye every now and then so I am still using the Systane lubricant eye drops.

Life is good right now!
Blindbat2007

Postby Pappy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Awesome!
Pappy

Postby dede11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm

wow that is really amazing :)

I'm hoping I'll be in the same boat as you soon - I'm about to hit the 6 month mark and still have some ghosting/blurring going on in lower light/night conditions.

Did the ghosting go away spontaneously? Or did it very very very slowly subside?
dede11

Postby Blindbat2007 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:32 pm

Very very very slowly.
Blindbat2007

when did the change start?

Postby jkc » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:07 pm

How long post-op before you started noticing it getting better? I am 4 months out but have not noticed much change. I have doubled vision in both eyes (separately) at close distances which gives me near vision at 20/50. No problem with distance -- I'm 20/25 there with no ghosting. My eye doctor says this is due to an astigmatism caused by the surgery although my eyes are just starting to produce tears again. I'm wondering if there is still hope this far out for the problem to go away or if an enhancement to correct this will be necessary or even possible.
jkc

Postby dede11 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:50 pm

hey jkc: How is your ghosting/double vision at night when you look at things like traffic lights?

From day 1 until about the 3.5 month mark, I had SEVERE double vision. It hasn't been until recently that my eyes have started to stabilize (from about the 3.5 month on, I've had a dramatic improvement in the double vision) to the point where I have 20/10 vision in office lighting.

However having said that, I still have moderate double vision/ghosting issues at night (when I look at objects with a high amount of contrast). I would not feel comfortable driving at night with only one eye - with both eyes it's better..but still feels like a chore when lots of lights are around.

I too have noticed very little change since my 4 month mark (tomorrow will be the 6 month mark) but remain optimistic that maybe my eyes will correct themselves in the months to come.
dede11

3 months and still ghosting

Postby cb » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:00 am

I'm 3 months out from an enhancement and developed significant ghosting and decreased night vision in the eye. Alphagan (pupil constricting drops) help a bit, but are not a long-term solution. It's nice to hear that some people still get improvement out to 6 months, but I'm pessimistic! My doc recommends a 2nd enhancement, but I'm scared! Is an enhancement just for irregular astigmatism safe?
cb

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm

It depends upon the amount of astigmatism and the type of astigmatism. Your doctor can explain all the important issues such as Lasik laser coupling and how this will be accommodated.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago