Last "second" advice/assurance - Lasik Scheduled T

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Last "second" advice/assurance - Lasik Scheduled T

Postby wraptor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Hello,

I am scheduled for all laser Lasik w/ custom wavefront tomorrow at one of those big chain lasik centers. I was really confident until today as going through most of these forum posts has given me second thoughts. I am mostly worried about night vision and low light vision problems. I am a SCUBA instructor and am in low light situations quite often. I had my dilation and found out I had large pupils (specs below) and this is what mostly has me worried. They used eye drops to dilate. This is the info I have on my eyes please let me know if I need anything else to help give me an answer on how concerned I should be. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Right Eye
Cyl -1.50
Axis 160
Cornea Thickness 575
Pupil Size 7.84mm
Distortion .57

Left Eye
Cyl -2.08
Axis 34
Cornea Thickness 547
Pupil Size 7.97
Distortion .35
wraptor

Re: Last "second" advice/assurance - Lasik Schedul

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:06 pm

wraptor wrote:I am scheduled for all laser Lasik w/ custom wavefront tomorrow at one of those big chain lasik centers. I was really confident until today as going through most of these forum posts has given me second thoughts.

They say the difference between an optimist and a pessimist is that the pessimest is better informed.

wraptor wrote:I had my dilation and found out I had large pupils (specs below) and this is what mostly has me worried.

The pharmacology dilated size of your pupils is not the measurement you need. You need to know the size of your naturally dilated pupils in a low light environment compared to the size of the optical ablation zone on the most narrow axis (axis for astigmatim correction). Read our article about Lasik pupil size issues for a better understanding of the concerns.

Your refractive error is rather low. Even with larger than average pupils the probability of night vision problems appears tonot very elevated, if at all.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It