Conventional lasik done, what is the recovery time?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Conventional lasik done, what is the recovery time?

Postby star45 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:49 am

Hi,

I just had conventional lasik surgery a week ago, but vision in both eyes are blurry, double vision and suffer from eye strain. Had my first week apt and still the same results. Have a 3 week apt scheduled next and will be monitored throughout the 3 months recovery time. They said that because of my age in mid-forties, that I would need reading glasses, told to wait 3 months for recovery and eyes to stablize.

Although I'm concerned and a bit frustrated, [impatient is more like it. LOL] and have to use 3.25 cheapy reading glasses, because I can't read or use the computer without them. But, all in all I'm in it for the long term!!! No matter how long it takes, [3-6 months tops??], but if things don't improve by then, I have the option for correction if need be, which will be free of charge. [covered by insurance] Do any of you know what kind of laser eye treatment is done to correct

What do you all think? If Glen is around, or anyone has comments please do reply!!!

Thanks, Tammy ;)
star45

Postby LittleAsianguy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:05 am

I think you should wait the three months or whatever time they told you too wait. It's so easy in life to overreact especially with some of the nonsense online.
LittleAsianguy

Re: reply to LittleAsianguy

Postby star45 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:54 am

LittleAsianguy,

I believe your right in saying that I should wait the 3 months. I will do so, and listen to what the doctors have to say. They are the experts and I don't want to be mislead by those who don't know what they're talking about.

Thanks, Tammy ;)
star45

Postby mgear356 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:11 am

hey i also thought that it's like 3months

but i am at my 5th month now and there is still upz and downs on my right eye..

so i would say at least wait 1yr before going for enhancement? it may reduce the chance of over correcting..
mgear356

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:46 pm

Three to six months is the norm for enhancement surgery, but everyone heals differently and that process needs to be completed and stable for the most accurate enhancement.

The type of laser treatment depends upon what you need at the time. Lasik enhancement is commonly lifting the flap and making the changes in a fashion similar to the original surgery, however PRK on the Lasik flap is becoming more popular for small changes. You will need to discuss your requirements and options with your surgeon at the time your eyes are ready.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby star45 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:36 am

Thank you all for replying.

Glen, I have been told that a 3-6 month window is about right for the eyes to stabilize. And like you said everyone heals differently. Only time will tell and when my eyes are ready, and if I still need some enhancement, I will ask my surgeon what my requirements are and if I can get the PRK treatment. He said that he would do it free of charge and he seems true to his word.

In 3 weeks I have another appointment, and I will keep you all updated in the process. We can all learn from one another.

Take care, ;)
star45

Return to Just Had It