orb and wave scan

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

orb and wave scan

Postby susiek420 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:39 pm

I know at the second dr. i had 2 different scans, an orb scan and a wave scan. What is the difference between the 2, and which one determines if your eye is symmetrical?

I was out of my contacts for 2 full weeks before i went to the first doctor, but inbetwee consultation 1 and 2, i did wear my contacts for 2 days, not thinking that it would really be a big deal, perhaps that is what did it. I wore my contacts for a few hours 3 days before the second scan. Now i will definitely leave them out!!! I was a bad girl, i just gave in to temptation and put them in to go running

Thank so much for all of your help so far, you are wonderful!

I
susiek420

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 pm

The two devices measure two very different elements of vision optics and eye health. They are complimentary, but not the same.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby susiek420 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:26 pm

Ok, what does each measure?
susiek420

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 pm

The orbscan is a topographical map of the front and back surfaces of the cornea. The wavefront scan evaluates the optics of the eye by sending a light source in and measuring the changes when it is reflected out. See wavefront for more details.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It